John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but tbf he can see what Stones does pretty well on video, the good & the bad. Pretty much every game he's ever played. He will have done lots of background checks, so they must think he's got the intelligence to pick up on what Pep wants.

Mmmmmmmmmm,I'd welcome him like I do with every signing we do,but I'm just not too convinced me

So we didnt think DeBruyne was essential last year because it dragged on?

He was THE key signing, as will Stones be this year.

Close to thinking its just trolling now.

And this will be the biggest load of shite I read today,key signing ? No way,maybe it's the cost that makes you think it's a key signing

Sorry Nev. Not quite understanding that

Edit. Read it again and I now get it :)

Well just in case, I'm meaning we can wait it out & decide at the end of the window whether to go all in, if they won't deal. Or come to a compromise earlier if they will & Everton can pretend we paid up. We are not desperate for him, to make the team function right now.

I think Bonucci would be a much better signing if we could get him. If Vinnie doesn't play we lack an organiser and leader. Bonucci addresses this problem far better than Stones. We also have some very promising central defenders coming through the academy and someone of Bonucci's experience would be of huge benefit to their development. Having watched a lot of both of them over the last two years Bonucci brings strength, organisation, leadership as well as the prerequisite composure on the ball and great distribution.

We've wasted too much money gambling on centre-halves that we hoped would come good. Why gamble again if you can get the real deal?

Well just in case, I'm meaning we can wait it out & decide at the end of the window whether to go all in, if they won't deal. Or come to a compromise earlier if they will & Everton can pretend we paid up. We are not desperate for him, to make the team function right now.

Cheers. Did edit my other post to say having read it again, I understood it.

I also think this time might be being used to see what alternatives might be avail

Oh dear, has someone dared to not toe the line ?

If he turns out to be shit, I'll say so, if he turns out to be brilliant I'll say so & I won't give a flying fuck whether it suits you, either way.

And I'll continue to comment ta very much.

I'm sure you'll have some passing stats either way and ignore all other variables.

It's just funny that you think with the managers that are after him and the price they were willing to pay, you may know better as you've found a website with average pass lengths.

I think Bonucci would be a much better signing if we could get him. If Vinnie doesn't play we lack an organiser and leader. Bonucci addresses this problem far better than Stones. We also have some very promising central defenders coming through the academy and someone of Bonucci's experience would be of huge benefit to their development. Having watched a lot of both of them over the last two years Bonucci brings strength, organisation, leadership as well as the prerequisite composure on the ball and great distribution.

We've wasted too much money gambling on centre-halves that we hoped would come good. Why gamble again if you can get the real deal?
I still think we will sign two centre backs hence the bid for manolo from Roma.

I agree that we dont want to pay £50m because he's not worth that. Also agree and have stated all along, Everton are in the driving seat with this. The only crumb of comfort I take is that we must feel Everton are willing to compromise otherwise we would have put up or moved on.
People criticise SSN for being slow, but they've been reporting for a couple of days now that there are no negotiations for Stones.

The options are trivial:

1) Go back with another offer
2) Look for an alternative in the market
3) Look to our own squad, particularly the younger players

Everton also have to decide whether to stick to their valuation, or respond with a counter-offer.

At City we would make better use of his style, and I can see why we value him highly, but in terms of defending the box they can do better. Most fans looking on would think that EFC should take the money and that City would be absurd to pay £40m let alone £50m, but the transfer mkt is ridiculous. £12m for 32 year old Williams is arguably as expensive on the basis of his age and the short term likelihood of his Everton career. Unless they have a young player coming through, they'be back in the market in 2 years.

We already have 5-6 new players to assimilate over the season. Maybe we should just sit back, and then review in 12 months time. It's unlikely at £50m anyone else will buy Stones, and next Summer, unless transfers explode again (I don't think it will as this increase was off the back of a jump in TV money which wont happen again in the short-term), his contractual situation will we weaker: two years left.

Have to agree. This is one area of the pitch we have to get right (I know all areas are important, but for me, this is key) and Bonucci does seem to tick the boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.