John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I hadn't concluded that they were the centre half pairing this Saturday,I was talking tongue in cheek after last nights showing,but as a side note I can't believe he is still at City (kolarov) fucking wank

For the record, I too think he is poor and would like him shipped out. But, because he is on contract, that is up to him

i think the best thing about stones isn't his ability to pass the ball, but his ability to turn with the ball and sending an oncoming presser into no mans land. it could take a lot of pressure off our back line when we are being pressed really hard. might make our goalkeepers job a little easier. In last nights game, Kolarov, although passing the ball to Willy, was holding onto the ball for too long and inviting increased (and unnecessary) pressure on the ball. might be the reason for some of Willy's errors. Having Stones in that position might make a huge difference

i think the best thing about stones isn't his ability to pass the ball, but his ability to turn with the ball and sending an oncoming presser into no mans land. it could take a lot of pressure off our back line when we are being pressed really hard. might make our goalkeepers job a little easier. In last nights game, Kolarov, although passing the ball to Willy, was holding onto the ball for too long and inviting increased (and unnecessary) pressure on the ball. might be the reason for some of Willy's errors. Having Stones in that position might make a huge difference

having a fwd through on us, I would rather Ota/Vinnie/Denayer and the Mangler be there than JS. Yes, brilliant ball playing defender, not a brilliant defender though (yet)

Not wanting to piss on your chips. Are you the only one in the world who knows this? Would have thought it would have been leaking out elsewhere

TH said this deal could be concluded by Weds, so if they were doing photoshoots etc at the moment, that would fit in with the timeline.

For the record, I too think he is poor and would like him shipped out. But, because he is on contract, that is up to him

While that is true, I'd let him know that he's not going to play. We have too many foreign players as it is, and I'd tell Kolarov he's more than welcome to stay, but he won't be registered for any competitions.

And I'd ask him if he's ready to retire from the top level, because no decent team will be hiring a 32 year old Kolarov who hasn't played for a year.

having a fwd through on us, I would rather Ota/Vinnie/Denayer and the Mangler be there than JS. Yes, brilliant ball playing defender, not a brilliant defender though (yet)
I would agree with you on Otamendi and Vinnie. Denayer is of the same type of player as Stones, quite skillful and can play with the ball, but I haven't really seen much of Denayer to say he's better at defending than Stones (I only really watched him whilst he was at Celtic). But I'd strongly disagree with you on Mangala. I think his clumsiness on the ball has gotten us into a lot more trouble than his pace and long legs has got us out of. I really do think Mangala is bloody terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.