John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to worry this will be a transitional season. It needn't have been this way but the planning looks more longer term than an immediate revamp
You are right , it is looking like a transitional season.
Currently the manager has a style of football but he hasn't got the players to implement it.
There is no excuse for this.
We should have been active in this window to bring in the players needed but we haven't, particularly in defense.

get over the Tosin love in please
Stones without training in this set up is still miles ahead of the kid
He battles and tries but countless times against dortmund and yesterday he gave the ball away and isnt ready at all
If stones came in on friday morning with a hangover I would still stick him ahead of everyone we have had playing CB over the summer

Quite right. Tosin is a prospect. With a bit of luck he will be a good player for us but he's not ready at the moment IMHO.

get over the Tosin love in please
Stones without training in this set up is still miles ahead of the kid
He battles and tries but countless times against dortmund and yesterday he gave the ball away and isnt ready at all
If stones came in on friday morning with a hangover I would still stick him ahead of everyone we have had playing CB over the summer

Currently the manager has a style of football but he hasn't got the players to implement it.
We should have been active in this window to bring in the players needed but we haven't, particularly in defense.

I think by signing John Stones and bring in one of the young lads (fullbacks) it will be a good start but your right, we needed to do alot more. Difficulty getting contracts off the books, has slowed down our transfer business in my opinion. We stuck with 6 or 7players that are in the final year of their contracts and happy to stick around because no one is likely to meet our valuation and match their high wages... (Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy, Jesus Navas, Bacary Sagna and Willy Caballero)

I think only Fernandinho from that group is likely to be given a new contract....if you add Mangala and Bony to that list(if they cant be sold this summer) then we could have a turnover of 8-9 players next year....I think this has restricted our movements this summer!

Last edited:
So as to avoid the inevitable disappointment, I have lowered my expectations to match up to the reality. We have a re-build on our hands and it will take time.

The shirt thing might be true and it would go in line with what tolm said about Stones signing on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.