John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Mirror said it would be higher than the fee we payed for De Bruyne, which was £54.5 million. I'd like to think we wouldn't go higher than that.
I've only ever seen the figure of £50 million bandied about. Not seen anywhere report higher.

I suspect when it's all said and done to be completed for around £45 million plus some add owns dependent on future success.

It'll be the same magnificent strategy with Sane too....
I hope we stop being apologetic for having money and just start strengthening the first XI, rather than trying to be cute.

If our scouts and management think Stones, Sane, Kroos and Bonucci are the right players and our finance people think we can afford the deals, including wages, then just pay the money.

We're not going to be loved by the media or opposition fans by trying to downplay how much cash we have, they've already made up their mind about us on lots of fronts.

For what it's worth, I think Stones is better than all our centre backs bar Kompany. If he develops as we'd hope he'll eventually surpass Kompany because he's better on the ball and going forward that's going to be key, even for our keeper.

Hope we can pay the fee we want to pay up front and the rest to make up the total number they want in bonuses. Sort of like how Bayern did with Renato Sanches, Barca did will Gomes(allegedly) and those other guys with Martial.

Sounds like £40m + and add-ons. Hopefully the reports are accurate and this is the end-game

Hope so, we know from the Lescott saga that Everton drive a hard bargain so it wouldn't be a surprise if we have to throw in a few add ons to this deal.

Did city watch read the articles? In fact has anyone on this thread? They all clearly state everton want 50+million for him, and the mirror says we will have to pay more than we did for de bruyne. For a guy that had a terrible season last year...
Yes, In a perfect world, you're absolutely right. However, as far as the ridiculous FFP rules will allow, the manager must, ultimately, be given the tools that he's most comfortable with to do the job, mustn't he?.. Otherwise what's the point in employing him.

Completely ignoring Mancini's advice, post 2012, and going for the likes of Sinclair & Rodwell as cheaper alternatives, (to Pinocchio, DeRossi, & Hazard) proved, in hindsight, to be an absolutely disastrous mistake. (from which, the current squad, as a whole, has still to fully recover, in my view).

Truth is, whoever we look at, like it or not, is going to be subject to the usual "City Tax" these days.

I realise that a lot of the players we're currently being linked with is pure newspaper speculation, but Sane & Stones, are two of the players, if I'm not mistaken, that Pep has publicly expressed a positive interest in. - And Stones, unlike Laporte, is keen to join, apparently.

Like you, I'm not too sure on Stones either, and think we're being well shafted at the rumoured asking price, but if Pep wants him, we must back his judgement, and let history have the final say. Ditto with Sane.

Last edited:
Yes, In a perfect world, you're absolutely, right. However, as far as the ridiculous FFP rules will allow, the manager must, ultimately, be given the tools that he's most comfortable with to do the job, mustn't he?.. Otherwise what's the point in employing him.

Completely ignoring Mancini's advice, post 2012, and going for the likes of Sinclair & Rodwell as cheaper alternatives, (to Pinocchio, DeRossi, & Hazard) proved, in hindsight, to be absolutely disastrous. (from which, squad, as a whole, has still to fully recover, in my view).

Truth is, whoever we look at, like it or not, is going to be subject to the usual "City Tax" these days.

I realise that a lot of the players we're currently being linked with is pure newspaper speculation, but Sane & Stones, are two of the players, if I'm not mistaken, that Pep has publicly expressed a positive interest in. - And Stones, unlike Laporte, is keen to join, apparently.

Like you, I'm not too sure on Stones either, and think we're being well shafted at the rumoured asking price, but if Pep wants him, we must back his judgement, and let history have the final say. Ditto with Sane.

Well it is quite hard to judge what is value for money in the current market. I mean gundogan and nolito are looking like bargains. Don't get me wrong i hope he does well i am quite fed up of buying a centre half nearly every window...Lescott, Nastasic, Savic, Mangala, otamendi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.