John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Everton being childish? Is Juventus being childish with Pogba as well? Was Wolfsburg last year with KdB? To me it's simple. They have contracted a player we want so they can ask what they want. Us moaning about that seems more childish to me. If Pep think Stones is thát important City should pay up. Stones has done his part and stated he wants to go. That is why Everton listens to our offer otherwise making a bid would be useless.
Here's the thing, when we actually know a player wants to leave Juve, Juve makes it work for the benefit of the player after they express explicitly they would like to move on. With Tevez they found a way to make it affordable for Boca to bring him home and they also got first options on prospects in return for playing ball. Pirlo expressed wanting to move to NYC, they made it work. MLS can't afford huge transfer fees but they can afford decent wages for "designated players" and it all worked out.

We still don't know if Pogba wants to leave its still all an assumption, he's also a World XI player who they didn't want to let go. They put up a crazy valuation probably thinking no on would ever pay that but United are desperate + Mino's involved.

Everton should want to play ball because they may want a player from us in the future, they may want to take a youngster or youngsters on loan in the future, they don't want to scare away top talent and future prospects who feel like they aren't an organization worth dealing with.

False economy from the scousers. Hope it comes back and bites them on the arse.

Here's the thing, when we actually know a player wants to leave Juve, Juve makes it work for the benefit of the player after they express explicitly they would like to move on. With Tevez they found a way to make it affordable for Boca to bring him home and they also got first options on prospects in return for playing ball. Pirlo expressed wanting to move to NYC, they made it work. MLS can't afford huge transfer fees but they can afford decent wages for "designated players" and it all worked out.

We still don't know if Pogba wants to leave its still all an assumption, he's also a World XI player who they didn't want to let go. They put up a crazy valuation probably thinking no on would ever pay that but United are desperate + Mino's involved.

Everton should want to play ball because they may want a player from us in the future, they may want to take a youngster or youngsters on loan in the future, they don't want to scare away top talent and future prospects who feel like they aren't an organization worth dealing with.

Tevez and Pirlo wrong examples. Oldies that Juve wanted to get rid anyway. And yes, we know Pogba wants to leave as his agent is working on a transfer in public. And Juve stick to their price whatever so far.

The rest you mention is a wild guess especially in today 's market. All those who think Everton feks up to me sound like spoiling babies who don't get what they want.

Btw l'm very optimistic we will get Stones and l for one don't care what we need to pay. If Pep wants him that's all tht matters.

I'm not sure why the story of Otamendi being a "flop" has started to become a widespread opinion. He was brilliant at times last season, and when he wasn't great, you could nearly always put it down to Pellegrini's mad defensive set up forcing him to jump out of the line.

Under Pep, and with a season to get used to England and the team, I expect he'll make a few people writing him off look pretty silly.
Nearly always? That's a stretch. As stated numerous times, he stepped out of the defensive line without communicating, causing problems which resulted in us conceding. The problem was, Fernandinho would engage somebody in the middle of the pitch only to be passed round, and the

Not sure Everton are being childish. If they have any sense, they keep Stones for the first few games of the season and see if anything goes wrong with Vinny. If it does, they get their £50m. It may not suit us but they're the rules as it stands. Or we can just cough up the £50m if we want him now. Also, Everton are about to learn a few lessons of their own about how clubs behave towards you when you have money to spend.

Why is Everton being childish? Is Juventus being childish with Pogba as well? Was Wolfsburg last year with KdB? To me it's simple. They have contracted a player we want so they can ask what they want. Us moaning about that seems more childish to me. If Pep think Stones is thát important City should pay up. Stones has done his part and stated he wants to go. That is why Everton listens to our offer otherwise making a bid would be useless.
Some act like we have a divine right to sign a player. If the selling club want to play hard to maximise their fee, that's their perogitive.

Some act like we have a divine right to sign a player. If the selling club want to play hard to maximise their fee, that's their perogitive.
I'd say it's their job to get the maximum possible, there may come to a cut off when they have to take less but it's for them to decide, they have no reason to do a deal until they are ready, If we were selling I'm sure posters would have a different veiw.

Like Swansea are doing.

It's a f also economy what Everton are doing as everyone knows they are about to have money and are adjusting their prices accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.