John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't great tonight made a couple of mistakes that in a real game might have led to them conceeding.

This lad isn't worth £50m imo, if we wait 35 months we can get him for nothing and he'll still be a youngster in the grand scheme of things.

However if Pep wants him that badly then I suppose we are going to have to close the deal.
Wait 3 years to sign him? Are you serious?

What I don't like about this Stones transfer is that we seem to be valuing him more on the fact he's English and will help our homegrown quota.

If he was Chilean or whatever would we really be interested?

I did say that if Pep wants him then we will have to close the deal.

But we will more than likely have to bend over and be dry bummed by Everton once again.

£50m I tell thee are you happy with that?
If Pep and the club are happy with that amount and purchase him, then I'll be happy. I support and trust that Pep and Txiki know what they are doing.

What I don't like about this Stones transfer is that we seem to be valuing him more on the fact he's English and will help our homegrown quota.

If he was Chilean or whatever would we really be interested?

At that price ?

Not a fucking chance.

If that was a kid playing for City tonight, the usual (clueless) suspects would all be on the thread telling us how massively we overrate our young players & how we can't trust him for the new season.

They would be talking the usual utter shite, but the difference being, if by some fluke they turn out to be right, it didn't cost 50 million quid to find out, it cost nothing.

He obviously has potential & obviously has to improve about 50% in a short time, to be a reliable cb for a top of the table team.

And his passing skills are a myth btw, he can pass 'reasonably well' nothing more.

Don't understand what good this is doing everton or stones value, he didn't look right at all tonight.
When he missed the simple header to let in big nose that showed his head is not 100% on playing for everton, but I dont blame
him for not going public about leaving after all the ridiculous abuse Sterling has had...

But it appears the club aren't happy with that figure we have submitted a £40m take it or leave it to them. If we had paid the £50m Stones could have had two pre season friendlies in our team.

Thats all I'm saying, plus informing the forum that his contract runs out on the 30th June 2019 which I don't believe anyone else has stated, but might be wrong.

If money is no object lets close the Pogba deal, the club have drawn a line under that, and at some stage maybe the Stones deal, I don't know I'm just a punter offering an opinion thats all.

At that price ?

Not a fucking chance.

If that was a kid playing for City tonight, the usual (clueless) suspects would all be on the thread telling us how massively we overrate our young players & how we can't trust him for the new season.

They would be talking the usual utter shite, but the difference being, if by some fluke they turn out to be right, it didn't cost 50 million quid to find out, it cost nothing.

He obviously has potential & obviously has to improve about 50% in a short time, to be a reliable cb for a top of the table team.

And his passing skills are a myth btw, he can pass 'reasonably well' nothing more.

Maybe it's a risk but I'd let it go to the wire. If Everton don't want to sell for less than 40 then we should walk away and go with Tosin. Yes it's a risk to have injury prone/untested centre backs for the season but I'd rather take that gamble on tosin as back up to who we have rather than overpay on another centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.