John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he remains fit, I'm positive he'll be a fantastic cb partner to Laporte next season and them two together would form the best cb pair in the world. He's got it in him, we know that from the past, so I hope he gets another year with us.

But if his head is not in it, we should of course replace him.
That's always been his problem, there is no question about his ability.

giphy.gif

Not his greatest fan and think he's under scrutiny and pressure, but that is too far.

There'll always be a beer in my fridge for him.
stones_trans%2B%2Blz5OdA_D3VmrC4drz6CMyYjgDHVgg-6fXjrYE2sezlo.jpg
:-)

Only this,

As I understand it he has things going on in his personal life like we all do and has struggled with injuries.

While he may be going through this tough period in his career I will never forget just how important he has been to us.

giphy.gif

Not his greatest fan and think he's under scrutiny and pressure, but that is too far.

There'll always be a beer in my fridge for him.
stones_trans%2B%2Blz5OdA_D3VmrC4drz6CMyYjgDHVgg-6fXjrYE2sezlo.jpg
:-)

On the one hand you are right and he saved us this season perhaps with this save, something that will be remembered for generations to come.
But maybe a better CB would not have get into this situation and keeps the player properly or not kicking the ball on his goalkeeper (though Ederson is also guilty)
Stones reached as a huge potential and for a few months he seemed like the real thing but the instability, the injuries, and especially the bad performances are just not good enough.
The only reason I would think to leave him is the team is because he is English, beyond that he and Otamendi should have been on a plane already this month and bringing 2 other CB instead .

What Pep says in public about John Stones and says in private are two completely different issues.

We will see in the summer what the reality is.

I think you are missing my point, your stupid campaign against Stones features in media outlets This is Football HITC ,football bible, and this is anfield, the major gutter press use these outlets to butcher City , City`s defence , City recruitment and Pep, all with the justification of you and your ilk, to the point that Pep had to announce his support of Stones.
Such is your stupidity Stones will stay at City this summer, he is an England first team player, one of only four English players at City, but most of all you do not push a first team player out the door until his replacement has bedded in, and your belief that you know what Pep thinks privately CRAP Pep bought a player renown for injuries and mistakes, a record at the time

Ridiculous to contemplate selling Stones, we're already short of centre backs and he's miles better than Otamendi!

Once he gets properly match fit he's as good as most defenders in the country. Who would we get instead? Cahill wasnt good enough for Chelsea anymore, he's too old, there's no-one at Spurs better in that position, nor at any other club who'd sell to us.

Keep Stones and buy the very best we can find abroad as well, giving us three top class centre backs to cope with the 60-odd games a season, plus Garcia coming through.

That is a crappy thing for a blue to say,as above he probably won us the league last year
He produced an incredible clearance against Liverpool true, but how many mistakes has he made this year, how many times has he gone missing when he was needed so much after Laporte's injury?

At the end of the day he is a defender , who when required can't defend in his present condition.

And may I also remind YOU of your abuse and criticism of Claudio Bravo a player who considerably helped us win the League Cup.

Ridiculous to contemplate selling Stones, we're already short of centre backs and he's miles better than Otamendi!

Once he gets properly match fit he's as good as most defenders in the country. Who would we get instead? Cahill wasnt good enough for Chelsea anymore, he's too old, there's no-one at Spurs better in that position, nor at any other club who'd sell to us.

Keep Stones and buy the very best we can find abroad as well, giving us three top class centre backs to cope with the 60-odd games a season, plus Garcia coming through.
The only reason we will keep him is because he is English.

He produced an incredible clearance against Liverpool true, but how many mistakes has he made this year, how many times has he gone missing when he was needed so much after Laporte's injury?

At the end of the day he is a defender , who when required can't defend in his present condition.

And may I also remind YOU of your abuse and criticism of Claudio Bravo a player who considerably helped us win the League Cup.
Have to agree with this post about Stones. With Kompany gone and Laporte out long term he had an unbelievable opportunity to show everybody especially Pep what he's made of, Pep obviously doesn't trust him seen as he's playing a 34 year old midfielder in his place ahead of him. Stones obviously would be better playing alongside Laporte but he always has mistakes in his game and youd think he'd have that cut out of his game by now. His desicion making at times is mind boggling.
We all know we need a new centre half to play alongside Laporte next season, Sureky people can see that now.

No way stones better than Ottamendi. Some people saying he’s an England first teamed therefore he’s good. Really? Rose, Young, Winks, Pickford, Lingaard are all regulars they’re gash. Last couple of mins last night Otta put his head in and won a free kick in a situation Stones would never. Hasn’t got the aggression to be a top CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.