John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Sun reporting that Arteta interested in Stones on a loan deal.

I hope that City do not agree. We know that Laporte is very close to a return, but I want to see Stones and Laporte together. I rate Stones. I know he hasn't been at his best in the last 6 months but I think that's down to repeated injury and confidence. He's got everything to be a top defender and I think it would be a mistake to let him go even if it's just a loan.
Why the fuck would we agree to that. It's not like we a load of options at CB

Likely a load of bollocks and there's no chance we'll be letting a CB leave (other than Otamendi), given our current predicament.

But if Arsenal (or someone else) do come in with a big offer in the summer similar to what we paid him, I'd be shipping him off.

It's a difficult one as he could come good, but you just can't trust him. He may well go on to be in some incredible form over the next few months, but he's shown that doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. He's too injury prone and inconsistent and the fact he still hasn't been extended is telling given the number of Pep signings who have been extended, despite joining after him.

If Laporte can prove his fitness over the second half of the season and get back to his best, I would be tempted to sell both Otamendi and Stones, buy a world class CB to partner Laporte, extend Fernandinho for one more season and make Garcia our 4th choice CB, with Harwood-Bellis taking the role that Garcia's been playing in this current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.