John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unusual when they don't! and it's a sure sign something is in the pipeline!

So every time one of our players posts how happy he is to be here & is looking forward to more of it, he really means he's looking to get away & is just winding the fans up, to be a **** ?

Does that also count for Pep, saying something similar about staying ?

So every time one of our players posts how happy he is to be here & is looking forward to more of it, he really means he's looking to get away & is just winding the fans up, to be a **** ?

Does that also count for Pep, saying something similar about staying ?
I take public soundbites with a pinch of salt, they have little or no meaning.

John Stones has hardly been anywhere near the 1st team this season despite a serious injury to our No1 CB and the loss of our captain.

Sometimes words are not needed.

It could happen now, if City dump him.

But most likely it was posted for the opposite reason.

City acknowledged it was 4 years ago yesterday that Stones joined the club. Imagine Stones only replying ”Yay, that was a good day” and not adding anything to it.
That would cause the rumours to go nuts about him leaving.

People forget the key thing said about Stones the last couple of weeks.

Pep (maybe not word for word): ”We will have a talk after the season about his future. I want what is best for him.”

Doesn’t really suggest Pep wants him around anymore. I think Stones Instagram post means nothing.

City acknowledged it was 4 years ago yesterday that Stones joined the club. Imagine Stones only replying ”Yay, that was a good day” and not adding anything to it.
That would cause the rumours to go nuts about him leaving.

People forget the key thing said about Stones the last couple of weeks.

Pep (maybe not word for word): ”We will have a talk after the season about his future. I want what is best for him.”

Doesn’t really suggest Pep wants him around anymore. I think Stones Instagram post means nothing.

So at a time when every media outlet is talking about Stones leaving, he posts that he's staying & it's pure coincidence.

Pep may indeed sack him, but obviously Stones doesn't think so.

I take public soundbites with a pinch of salt, they have little or no meaning.

John Stones has hardly been anywhere near the 1st team this season despite a serious injury to our No1 CB and the loss of our captain.

Sometimes words are not needed.

Even if those words are 'wishful thinking'.

Stones would actually be the best 4th choice cb in the world, if he stayed & probably a safer bet early season, than a brand new player, with no pre season.

So at a time when every media outlet is talking about Stones leaving, he posts that he's staying & it's pure coincidence.

Pep may indeed sack him, but obviously Stones doesn't think so.

Of course he doesn’t think so, but he could still sense his time might be up. Aké just joined and the club doesn’t seem finished with their business yet. City is probably waiting to drop the ball on him after the Champions League. If they told John now ”you’re not part of our plans for next season”, his head wouldn’t be right for the remainder of the UCL.
Stones is assuming he’ll stay next season, and why not, he is our player.

Even if those words are 'wishful thinking'.

Stones would actually be the best 4th choice cb in the world, if he stayed & probably a safer bet early season, than a brand new player, with no pre season.
Are you on his PR team?

I don't get why you defend him so much, he has let the club down badly in my opinion.

And if he is happy to be 4th choice CB at City, I definitely don't want him at our club.

Are you on his PR team?

I don't get why you defend him so much, he has let the club down badly in my opinion.

I agree. He has fucked up.

But he would still be the best 4th choice cb in the world & possibly a safer bet, early season, than a new cb who has never played in City's team & had no pre season.

And if he did get his shit together, he'd probably end up 1st choice again.

If, as I suspect, Pep has told him he is getting the chance to redeem himself, it's well worth the gamble imo, provided we are signing another cb.

Of course he doesn’t think so, but he could still sense his time might be up. Aké just joined and the club doesn’t seem finished with their business yet. City is probably waiting to drop the ball on him after the Champions League. If they told John now ”you’re not part of our plans for next season”, his head wouldn’t be right for the remainder of the UCL.
Stones is assuming he’ll stay next season, and why not, he is our player.

Garcia is going & it appears Otamendi is going, so unlikely Stones is going.

I agree. He has fucked up.

But he would still be the best 4th choice cb in the world & possibly a safer bet, early season, than a new cb who has never played in City's team & had no pre season.

And if he did get his shit together, he'd probably end up 1st choice again.

If, as I suspect, Pep has told him he is getting the chance to redeem himself, it's well worth the gamble imo, provided we are signing another cb.
I understand your argument, but to me he has had long enough.

His physical appearance looks terrible and is his own making. He looks a very different man to the one who signed 4 years ago.

And the biggest worry is the "injury" post covid lock down, despite publicly stating he was in a massive fitness/health drive during the lockdown.

When he reappeared he looked like a tramp and not a professional athlete.

I do worry if he is "injured" if you get my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.