John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really want him to do well. However, based on tonight I think he still displays the same weaknesses in terms of concentration, pace and positioning, some of which is especially exposed by the high line and to be fair, other players misplacing passes. If we sign Kounde or Koulibaly he'd be 4th choice for me. Did enough tonight to start the long road back but there's a lot to do.

New cbs will almost certainly make the same mistakes early on.

But the thing Stones did do, was plenty of excellent defending either side of his fuckups, rather than the weak, hopeless, shit or Kamikaze nonsense, we have seen recently from others, which turns the whole team to jelly.

I don't know how anyone can come on here with a straight face and talk about Jesus lacking physicality when he's just single handedly taken on a back 3 and been wrestling with them, kicked, pulled them all over the place, created chances and scored a goal.

Sure but he still can't lead the line long term, the point about him being an inside forward is quite accurate. He will largely do well because of his work rate and linkup play but he doesn't look like the 30 goals per season player we need up top after Aguero. Also positional sense/timing of runs still not as improved because he finds himself offside way too often. Not even talking about the chances he misses, especially one today that would have killed the game off.

Sure but he still can't lead the line long term, the point about him being an inside forward is quite accurate. He will largely do well because of his work rate and linkup play but he doesn't look like the 30 goals per season player we need up top after Aguero. Also positional sense/timing of runs still not as improved because he finds himself offside way too often. Not even talking about the chances he misses, especially one today that would have killed the game off.

Well he needs an extra ten compared to last season.

Let's see.

Liked the look of this lad tonight esp 1st half.

Shows we can unearth a gem every now and then.

I’d been reading he was broken and on his way out the club after not breaking through.

If he is then his fee just doubled.

At the cost of 40 odd million, someone needs to polish the lad, and soon.

However, I thought he was decent tonight.

At the moment Stones is a luxury for someone like Wolves, Leicester or Palace. Not City. He has too many mistakes in him for me and continues to show them and at the level we play we cannot afford to keep giving him chances and for him to squander them, I hope today was just down to match sharpness but don't we always excuse his mistakes? Time is rapidly running out.

John Stones just never looks confident , he did okay in the first half, but was never really tested ... ..... but in that first 15 minutes of the second half , when Wolves could have scored two or three goals with better finishing , he was all over the place, mind you he wasn't the only one .... yet he's still here, so i can only presume that Pep sees something in him that many of us clearly don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.