John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked the look of this lad tonight esp 1st half.

Shows we can unearth a gem every now and then.

I’d been reading he was broken and on his way out the club after not breaking through.

If he is then his fee just doubled.

Liked the look of this lad tonight esp 1st half.

Shows we can unearth a gem every now and then.

I’d been reading he was broken and on his way out the club after not breaking through.

If he is then his fee just doubled.
We all know what Stones is capable of doing, The first half was a perfect half of football for Stones not under much pressure and being composed on the ball. Second half when we had to weather a storm is when we have to look at Stones defensively. He has lapses in concentration that puts himself under pressure and being caught out, To be fair to him after he had his few iffy moments he came back strong, A John Stones of old could of felt sorry for himself and his away.
It's frustrating to watch him because we all know he can hit his heights but just hasn't managed it yet. Here's hoping he comes out of his shell this season and silences his doubters including me.

I really, really want him to do well. However, based on tonight I think he still displays the same weaknesses in terms of concentration, pace and positioning, some of which is especially exposed by the high line and to be fair, other players misplacing passes. If we sign Kounde or Koulibaly he'd be 4th choice for me. Did enough tonight to start the long road back but there's a lot to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.