John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he was quite literally four years younger. I don't look as young as I did four years ago. People at 26 can suddenly look at old older than they did at 22.
I get that but it doesn’t look purely down to that imo. He’s a professional athlete entering the prime years of his life. I hope I’m wrong but he looks as if he has some other issues going on.

I think after what he's gone through and the way the club has tried to help him it would be a sign the penny has dropped and he means business.
I thought he looked ill when he came back, looked like he had not slept properly for weeks, that's why I said is he "injured" or is it far more.
I also remember our captain coming back shaven headed when he meant business the same with the pikey across at Old trafford.

Fair enough. Tbh, I just think he looked like he had a scruffy haircut. When my hair gets long people often tell me I look knackered, whereas I feel fine. Maybe its the shadows on the eyes from all the extra hair. Ha. I guess I'm just tired of people who equate tidy hair with professionalism. My hair is naturally curly and pretty long, but I work very fucking hard in everything I do. I just like scruffy hair personally. I find that many have an old-fashioned view of stuff like this and I think it's incredibly lazy tbh. Not saying you're doing that, but you have kinda touched on it.

Not sure that message means anything. Didn't he hit the 4-year mark at the club yesterday? So it was likely just a message acknowledging that.

I also think it was just a diplomatic statement in an interview.
"In the future" would also be correct speaking about the upcoming CL match(es) in Lisbon...
John wouldn't disturb our preparations now, he's such a good lad and part of the team.
But he will be aware of his situation, his agent will be looking around, and I think we will find a good solution for both sides.
No drama if he stays as long as we get a proper RCB (...and he doesn't block a squad spot for another associated-trained HG player.)

Other PL clubs are surely interested, as he has something to offer and they could just hope a change will do him good.

Fair enough. Tbh, I just think he looked like he had a scruffy haircut. When my hair gets long people often tell me I look knackered, whereas I feel fine. Maybe its the shadows on the eyes from all the extra hair. Ha. I guess I'm just tired of people who equate tidy hair with professionalism. My hair is naturally curly and pretty long, but I work very fucking hard in everything I do. I just like scruffy hair personally. I find that many have an old-fashioned view of stuff like this and I think it's incredibly lazy tbh. Not saying you're doing that, but you have kinda touched on it.
Sometimes when you have let yourself down and your employee, you need to show a sign of redemption/commitment.
I don't see that, I did not see a player who was bursting to get back to the top of his profession, yet we did see that in Kyle Walker ( and he was a naughty boy) and we did see if from KDB and Foden, both came back like men with something to prove and very hungry.

Sometimes when you have let yourself down and your employee, you need to show a sign of redemption/commitment.
I don't see that, I did not see a player who was bursting to get back to the top of his profession, yet we did see that in Kyle Walker ( and he was a naughty boy) and we did see if from KDB and Foden, both came back like men with something to prove and very hungry.

And you're basing this off the fact that he looked scruffy? I'm sorry, I don't think there's any correlation between haircut and professionalism. I think its an old-fashioned view.

And you're basing this off the fact that he looked scruffy? I'm sorry, I don't think there's any correlation between haircut and professionalism. I think its an old-fashioned view.
Maybe it is, but he has the look of a very troubled individual,one that has gone missing when badly required at the club and clearly his manager feels the same.

And how do you come back injured after a lockdown? yet you were boasting on social media how hard you were working and what good shape you are in

"I have been training every day, trying to improve on little things that have been bothering me throughout the season and I think I have rectified those things so it has been a great time for me.

"Obviously it is a difficult time when you are stuck in the house for so long and you can’t go out and do your normal things but I think you have to use it to your advantage and I think that’s what we have tried to do and I have tried to

Last edited:
You really think so? For me it’s no way.
If we buy Koulibaly for 70m we would’ve spend a total of 110m on him and Aké. Pep would look like a complete moron if he started the season playing Laporte and Stones. It’s obvious they’re both joining to cement Stones place at 4th or 5th in the pecking order.
Why? He usually let's new players come in slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.