John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too weak, both physically and mentally. If either Stones or Garcia play 30+ games for us this season then I suspect we would find ourselves in a top four battle rather than challenging for the title. Neither are anywhere near good enough for this team and I have my doubts about Ake being of the necessary quality to be a regular starter as well.

Too weak, both physically and mentally. If either Stones or Garcia play 30+ games for us this season then I suspect we would find ourselves in a top four battle rather than challenging for the title. Neither are anywhere near good enough for this team and I have my doubts about Ake being of the necessary quality to be a regular starter as well.

Ake has been bought to be first reserve, I suspect. We need a top class CB to partner Laporte and I expect we will get one

So Pep has told him this, then ?

Who knows, but Peps choices of picking an aging defensive midfielder and a 19-year old centreback (who doesn’t even want to extend) ahead of a fit Stones speaks volume of Peps feelings towards him.

He’s had enough, and frankly who wouldn’t?

I agree with all you're saying there. Stones is a big liability and has been a big let down I didn't see happening. when he was going through his good patch for about 6-months I thought he would progress into not only becoming our club captain, but England captain. Disappoined is an understatement and looks like we're lumbered with him another season. I really hope he realises he's in the last chance saloon and pulls his socks up, sharpish.

I don't think we are 'lumbered' with him personally, I think if he stays it's purely because Pep wants him to. If we really wanted him out, we would find a decent club for him.

Vinny was our goto cb & Stones a great rotation player who had some spells as an excellent cb. But he is unreliable in form & fitness.

Replace Vinny & Stones can either compete or be a just be a fill in, then go, as you say, but either way, he is then a valuable squad member.

Who knows, but Peps choices of picking an aging defensive midfielder and a 19-year old centreback (who doesn’t even want to extend) speaks volume of Peps feelings towards Stones.

So he's 'had enough' but hasn't told him ?

Or is letting him swan around against his will ?

Shit manager.

Who knows, but Peps choices of picking an aging defensive midfielder and a 19-year old centreback (who doesn’t even want to extend) ahead of a fit Stones speaks volume of Peps feelings towards him.

I think you've made your point. Repeating it several times a day might help with your post count but it brings fuck all to the debate. You don't rate him and want him gone, we get it.

Good news he is staying, always liked him
If I am not mistaken in Pep’s 2 title winning seasons John played 42 games, would have been more but for a hamstring strain at Leicester, 198 points we got in those 2 seasons. Also only 1 booking in those same 2 seasons. Hardly as shit as being painted in this hysterical forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.