John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Hughes_head_scout said:
not according to spursmad ;)

Dont get me wrong I'd love him to be right on this one and his record's a good one, but on this occasion my head just wont allow me to accept that its likely. Certainly dont think we have embarassed ourselves in any way as a club though no matter what the outcome.

Totally agree.

If this does or does not happen makes no difference to the fact that we have tried. And will do so again in the future for the very best players. Some will sign, some will not, but no need to be embarrased (or angry as some on here get) if they don't

Hughes_head_scout said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Ive edited my previous suggestion, Id lean towards Bordon. (Much prefer JT though, but still think its at least 80% in Chelsea's favour)

not according to spursmad ;)

What your failing to consider it that SM gets his information from someone within City. If someone from the Terry camp is infact in touch with city, the last thing they are going to do is close the door and the offer of a lucrative deal both for JT and for the agent.

It is in the best interest for JT to have citys offer if he is infact either considering getting out of Chelsea or mooting for a new deal from them.

The problem with an ITK is that they are not actually someone involved in the deal at all times. They are fortunate that they are passed info at a certain snapshot in that deal. As you well know, alot can happen in a short space of time, an intention to come to City could be reversed very quickly so whatever happens, dont take things as either gospel, or shoot the man down if this doesnt happen.

Iv said this over a PM to someone else, but id hazard a guess the club know who SM is, they do watch this forum and its too exciting a time for the fans not to feed us information. It feeds the hype and drives season ticket and shirt sales once that player actually signs.

Expectations are wonderfull things, either crush you or make you the happiest man.

Chelsea are just playing the game, leaking stories to the press to put JT in as difficult position as they can - I mean how can he not sign an improved contract now without looking a total traitor, it means he's not even leaving for money - he's leaving coz he's had enough. It's all politics - IMO, I'm not ITK.

The only thing we don't know for sure is Terry's angle - if he's just playing us for an improved Chelsea contract (even legitimate ITK's wouldn't know this coz probably only Terry, his wife and his agent would) or is he genuinely interested in us.

One thing for sure though, if Chelsea are playing games with Terry through the press, that has to work in our favour - hw won't be impressed.

Gut instinct - can't see him leaving unless his relationship with RA is in tatters.

Not the best update I have ever received...

City have got word today that Chelsea's head of communications Simon Greenberg actually briefed the English press pack people off-the-record in LA.

Obviously, this is outright from the Chelsea perception re developments, although it was qualified that new contract terms were forthcoming - not agreed. (hope yet)

All I could be told was that City are trying to get more info. (IMO, that means talking directly with someone in Terry's camp?)

My real concern here is that if we didn't know about this so-called latest development, what can we now expect in terms of any courtesy in terms of us being allowed to pull the plug with dignity.

Terry doesn't actually owe us anything in terms of professional courtesy, we are not his employers, and, there is an argument that Terry's camp allowing us to formally withdrawl our interest, before any official announcement, will just reinforce their complicity with regards tapping up.

The Mail's story today, which went the other way, came out of South Africa, I retain the hope we have played this game better than anyone else.

dannyboy91uk said:
There is noway he is worth 250 k a week I think we should just move onto our next target, who would sit on a wage like 80 - 120 k which is understandable in this day and age for a defender the deal John Terry will supposedly get at Manchester City is very stupid. The man isn't anywhere near the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of class or anything else for that matter besides is supposed leadership skills.

250 k (for a defender is stupid)
Cheaper alternatives and have Barry/Kompany captains.

If he joins Manchester City on the wage reported I will definitely be upset, and even though I will cheer and think oh yes we have a world-class defender the transfer fee and the wage each week shows he is only their for the money and nothing else. Robinho - Adeabayor - Tevez are exceptions but wait 160 K Robinho compared to John Terry 250 K is a massive difference when one is a defender and one is a LW - ST.

The marketing and image rights will pay towards that huge amount.
I think Cook is very savvy, one of the many reports regarding the Kakka deal was that Kakkas dad wanted the salary sorted first but cook wanted the image rights.

I don't understand why we don't just slap the bid in today a bid that can't be refused and make terry the offer if they or he says no fair do's move on

Sorry if been mentioned before some of us have to work lol. Can anyone say in a normal job if we were on say £400 a week and a new employer said i will give you £800 we would turn it down. John Terry knows this is a once only offer and i believe The World Cup will be his reason for him staying at Chelsea. I am not a huge John Terry fan but i can see all the reasons why our club want to sign him, so whatever decision he makes he should be given respect because if it was just the money he would be in South Africa now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.