John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not the best update I have ever received...

City have got word today that Chelsea's head of communications Simon Greenberg actually briefed the English press pack people off-the-record in LA.

Obviously, this is outright from the Chelsea perception re developments, although it was qualified that new contract terms were forthcoming - not agreed. (hope yet)

Ties in with my thoughts on my previous post - cheers for update

tolmie's hairdoo said:

City have got word today that Chelsea's head of communications Simon Greenberg actually briefed the English press pack people off-the-record in LA.

Obviously, this is outright from the Chelsea perception re developments, although it was qualified that new contract terms were forthcoming - not agreed. (hope yet)

All I could be told was that City are trying to get more info. (IMO, that means talking directly with someone in Terry's camp?)

My real concern here is that if we didn't know about this so-called latest development, what can we now expect in terms of any courtesy in terms of us being allowed to pull the plug with dignity.

Terry doesn't actually owe us anything in terms of professional courtesy, we are not his employers, and, there is an argument that Terry's camp allowing us to formally withdrawl our interest, before any official announcement, will just reinforce their complicity with regards tapping up.

The Mail's story today, which went the other way, came out of South Africa, I retain the hope we have played this game better than anyone else.

you have a great nack of using paper storys to create your own little theories, just like pollerz, cheers for that update

the goats backside said:
Sorry if been mentioned before some of us have to work lol. Can anyone say in a normal job if we were on say £400 a week and a new employer said i will give you £800 we would turn it down. John Terry knows this is a once only offer and i believe The World Cup will be his reason for him staying at Chelsea. I am not a huge John Terry fan but i can see all the reasons why our club want to sign him, so whatever decision he makes he should be given respect because if it was just the money he would be in South Africa now.

With the world cupand his well documented back problems, it would be more beneficial to come to City because of less games. Terry hasnt got through a full season since this happened and if thats the basis of the argument, he would be fresher and more able to perform for England with less games.

What state will he finish the season in would be Capellos concern!

I think we are losing fact that this deal doesnt solely hinge on his wages (Lampard said it and in my opinion is very close to the mark-i wonder why that is incidentally?)This is purely a football related issue in as much does he want to spend all his life at Chelsea under the ownership of a bully who changes managers as much as he does underwear.

Im pretty sure Terry would have spoken to his mentor Mourinho while in Seattle,i bet that was a very interesting conversation to say the least.Also dont underestimate what Lampard said-somebody at some time was going to relay Terry's thoughts to the press and who better than his England team mate?

Dyed Petya...loved your insights from last night, this morn.

Out of interest, are you able to tell me how Abramovich and old car dealer mate were able to find $400m dollars for that well-below-value stake in, was it, Sibneft?

Incredible. Was it just a case that Putin put people around a table and asked what his cut would be.

If so, feel sorry for Russia's previously richest man, Khorokovsky, the media guy?

Surely, the patsy in this whole cover-up.

Suppose it pays to have friends in high places when it comes to Roman, eh?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dyed Petya...loved your insights from last night, this morn.

Out of interest, are you able to tell me how Abramovich and old car dealer mate were able to find $400m dollars for that well-below-value stake in, was it, Sibneft?

Incredible. Was it just a case that Putin put people around a table and asked what his cut would be.

If so, feel sorry for Russia's previously richest man, Khorokovsky, the media guy?

Surely, the patsy in this whole cover-up.

Suppose it pays to have friends in high places when it comes to Roman, eh?

Thanks for your info Tolmie - interesting

Matt.D said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

All I could be told was that City are trying to get more info. (IMO, that means talking directly with someone in Terry's camp?)

My real concern here is that if we didn't know about this so-called latest development, what can we now expect in terms of any courtesy in terms of us being allowed to pull the plug with dignity.

Terry doesn't actually owe us anything in terms of professional courtesy, we are not his employers, and, there is an argument that Terry's camp allowing us to formally withdrawl our interest, before any official announcement, will just reinforce their complicity with regards tapping up.

The Mail's story today, which went the other way, came out of South Africa, I retain the hope we have played this game better than anyone else.

you have a great nack of using paper storys to create your own little theories, just like pollerz, cheers for that update

And, yet, you speak as though you know me and what I do.

I am allowed to profess opinion, alongside the snippets of info I am told, able to ask of people.

Cheers for your insight - oh, and it's stories.

We've probably all been faced with making a decision that's difficult to get your head round (I am pondering one now and it's doing my crust in). You reach a point where your heart and head are signalling different things to you. You then say "oh fuck it" and go for the decision that may not be the sensible one, but the one that will add a bit spice to your life because you're looking for something different that's a bit more risky. Perhaps Terry will go for "oh fuck it" option!!

if as suggested city want terry and lescott. what are the options for a backup to losing out on terry, surely we are after the leader type not just a center half. has anyone heard who this might be (apart from puyol which appears to be tosh).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.