John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
payt79 said:
terry is not goin to sign he his just using us to get more money out of chelski, cant believe people think he is goin to come

Do you think this is new information?

You're about the 300th poster to make exactly that point.

To use the patronising term in the post below yours, anyone with "half a brain" knows that the only two realistic possible outcomes of this were him joining us or signing a new deal.

We don't know which one it is yet. And that includes you.

southstand117 said:
hopefully soursmad will be on later and put our minds at ease, ther only thing that is keeping me in hope is the fact we would have pulled away by now and the club would have made an announcement... keep the faith blues

just checking, is this the same spursmad who said eto'o and lescott were 100% done deals about 4 weeks ago?

BringBackSwales said:
southstand117 said:
hopefully soursmad will be on later and put our minds at ease, ther only thing that is keeping me in hope is the fact we would have pulled away by now and the club would have made an announcement... keep the faith blues

just checking, is this the same spursmad who said eto'o and lescott were 100% done deals about 4 weeks ago?
yeah and the one who said about Barry, santa cruz, and taylor ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
Dyed Petya said:
What we are reading at the moment is based on Chelsea's briefings to the press, and the fact that they seem to be claiming that: (a) JT has agreed to stay if contract negotiations with the club can be concluded successfully; and (b) he is willing to hold those negotiations. If this is true, it doesn't remotely justify the level of certainty being expressed in various newspaper stories today. The fact that they'll offer him a new deal doesn't mean he'll agree it.

I believe that Chelsea have been briefing the media in this way for two reasons:

1. They do hope to persuade Terry, and genuinely think they have a good shot at doing so, to stay by making an offer which, though it won't get close to matching City's, will be enough to keep him at the club given his natural affinity with Chelsea; and

2. If he then doesn't stay, they can say, "Look, we entered into talks and offered him a big pay rise, would have made him the best paid player in the club's history, and yet still the mercenary b@stard has gone up there for the money," painting the club in a good light and Terry in a bad light in PR terms.

At the moment, the only person who knows what's the most likely thing to happen is John Terry himself. For reasons I won't go into again because I spent hours doing so last night, I believe that by going to City, his earnings in the next few years will see him trouser a sum that's greater than he'd earn at Chelsea by well into eight figures. I think the vast majority of people in his position would find that quite hard to turn down. That alone means we're still in with a chance, until Terry makes clear otherwise.

At the moment, no one on here, and no one at Chelsea or City other than Terry himself, really knows what he'll do. Maybe he'll stay. But at the moment, it's far from an inevitability.

I totally agree. This deal is not dead yet. I posted last night that this could easily be just one leak designed to pile more pressure on Terry.

Nothing has changed since the Chav Ancholotti's remarks about requesting a decision by the weekend. That was last Monday. He also says he's 100% confident that they will keep Terry but nobody knows what he is basing this extreme optimism on.

Rammy Blue said:
ffs, it's called having aspirations - easiest option to go with the "he's never going to sign, wishful thinking etc" as you can come out and give it the "i told you so" line - like anyone gives a fuck.

it's not the end of the world if he doesn't sign but whilst we have not heard from JT then it is still a viable possibilty he will.

simples.

Here here! (Except the "simples" bit. That ad bugs me now)

Didsbury Dave said:
payt79 said:
terry is not goin to sign he his just using us to get more money out of chelski, cant believe people think he is goin to come

Do you think this is new information?

You're about the 300th poster to make exactly that point.

To use the patronising term in the post below yours, anyone with "half a brain" knows that the only two realistic possible outcomes of this were him joining us or signing a new deal.

We don't know which one it is yet. And that includes you.
can you tell me what is so patronising about saying 'half a brain' dave.
its just a figure of speech FFS.
Im getting really pissed off with people analizing every word of a post, taking it in a way which benefits their argument then jumping down someones throat.

southstand117 said:
BringBackSwales said:
yeah and the one who said about Barry, santa cruz, and taylor ;-)

Santa Cruz ??
My dog even knew about that one

Scared of Abromovich

Will Abromovich be setting the Russian Mafia on him if he leaves them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.