John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players is entitled "Consequences of Terminating a Contract Without Just Cause", and is the fifth article of Chapter IV, "Maintenance of Contractual Stability between Professionals and Clubs". It outlines the provisions which apply if a contract is terminated without just cause, and the requirement for the party in breach to pay compensation.[9] Specifically, it states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years.[10][11] Article 17 was introduced in December 2004, with effect from 1 July 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

superblue91 said:
handy andys rocket said:
just a quick question .
does anybody know if jt would be able to leave on a webster ruling as from monday 27th.
this was mentioned few weeks back and it seems the date is fast approaching .

WHAT THE FOKS A WEBSTER RULING,,LOL

wikipedia it.
like a bosman but for players under contract and wanting to leave.

handy andys rocket said:
just a quick question .
does anybody know if jt would be able to leave on a webster ruling as from monday 27th.

In short I think no - he signed a contract with chelsea before he was 28, and in July 2007, so he would have to wait until 2010 ((3 years of the contract).

In any case he can ask for a Transfer, if he grows a pair of balls!

EddH said:
handy andys rocket said:
just a quick question .

In short I think no - he signed a contract with chelsea before he was 28, and in July 2007, so he would have to wait until 2010 ((3 years of the contract).

if my reading is right of the rule he is 28 now so it can be done in only 2 years of his contract passed,it would be 3 years if he was 27?

Danny Hoekman said:
Just got back from a away from it all holiday. Has he said anything yet?
nope, although apparently everyone has agreed in principal that he's going to stay with chelsea and sign a better cotract when he gets back frome america.

but i think its bollocks as he hasnt said anything yet.

leewill31 said:
EddH said:

if my reading is right of the rule he is 28 now so it can be done in only 2 years of his contract passed,it would be 3 years if he was 27?

nope, definitely july 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.