John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueMooner87 said:
allan harper said:
cheers mate nice one, thank fuck for that.

did chelsea give mr chelsea his pay rise?
it's being reported he has increased his deal to make him the highest earner at chelski with 160k per week

really really happy for him, there is a god aftere all...

BlueMooner87 said:
End Of Thread

nah its not over yet, i think there is still more to this, personally im going to wait until his mother holds a press conference and denys it.

Now we should bid for Essien, Drogba, and Cashly Cole to see is Roman's pocket really bottomless. ;]

At least the 'retail traders' in Manchester will breathe a sigh of relief knowing that JT's Mother in law will stay darn sarf!

Now let see what the man said himself:
==
CHELSEA TV EXCLUSIVE: JT SPEAKS
Posted on: Mon 27 Jul 2009

After releasing a statement on his future, John Terry spoke exclusively to Chelsea TV. Read the transcript here.

You're Chelsea captain and staying that way…

Yes of course, I've put a statement out today, and it's been a long time since I said anything but there were talks between myself and the club, a few things I wanted to get resolved and I think the club made it quite clear early on they weren't interested in a bid.

We had discussions about that, about a few players staying which was very important for me. Once we got those issues out of the way which we have done now it is finally time to make a statement and move on and get the lads settled.

We've had a good pre-season so far, a couple of wins and now we can concentrate on the football side of things.

There must be a lot of people involved in these things…

Yes of course, I was on holiday when I got the call from Peter to tell me about Man City. I've been here for 14 years now, I want to keep it that way and win a lot more trophies here.

Roman was out of the country, I wanted to have talks with him and Peter, Peter was busy trying to do things for the Football Club so it's hard to get everyone together at the same time. I was on holiday and was due back four days later so we arranged to meet and we had a few meetings back in London and a couple here as well since we have been in America and finally it has all been resolved and we can move on now.

The fans have been worried for a few weeks, how have you been with speculation hanging over you?

Of course, I've known all along the outcome of all events, it's just a case of taking its time and getting it right. It's a case of doing things correctly and we feel as though from a club and personal point of view we have done things how we wanted to do things, we haven't reacted to the press and come out and done a statement to please them, we have done things right and that has been key because people have been out of the country, I've been trying to concentrate on pre-season and keeping fit, Peter has been away and it has been difficult to sit down and have proper talks but we can move on now.

The fans hold you in the highest regard, is there any part of you that is concerned this might be taken away?

No, I've been here 14 years and the manager has made me captain and hopefully for the years ahead. I've had a great rapport with the fans since I came through and they have played a massive role in where I am today and I think that relationship will never be broken between us.

And now that's done, the football. We look really strong…

We look really fit, compared to the other sides, Inter and AC, we look really fit. We have another game this evening and a few of the guys that have played the last game are not playing tonight so it's a rest for us but the lads are feeling really good, and with the new manager coming in as well it has brought some new fresh ideas. Training has been sharp and everyone is fighting for their place again, we're looking good.

You've had a lot of bosses in the past few years, what have you made of Carlo Ancelotti so far?

Good, I've been really impressed, and as a man as well. I've had conversations with him on the training field and his knowledge speaks for itself. He has been very successful as a player and a manager and he can relate to the players playing nowadays and I think that will be key in the season ahead of us.

Does it make a difference that he was a serious player, unlike some of the previous managers?

He was a proper player, he lets us know and joins in a bit as well. He says he didn't have much ability but I think he is undermining himself a little bit, and he has a great respect in the game for what he has done as a player and as a manager.

We are fortunate to have him and everyone is fighting for their places again. For people who were out of the frame last year it's a chance for them to wipe the slate clean and maybe push for a place in the team, so things are buzzing around the camp at the moment.

Are the new lads settling in okay?

Yes, they've done well, come in and done their songs. 'Studge' wasn't bad at all, he's got a good voice on him, Yuri is quite a shy lad but great ability and Ross as well. It's great to have him in addition to the other two keepers. We've made some good signings in the summer and we'll be seeing them playing a key part in Chelsea's success this season.

It's time for some big success again…

From a player's point of view we have massively missed getting our hands on that Premiership title and we've been close and haven't had that taste of it.

This season we have a good feeling already, it is early days but we are playing well and that belief is back in the side. We ended last year on a high note and hopefully we can start well and push the other sides.

Liverpool, Man United have lost big players, we haven't and we are looking to strengthen as well. The ambition of the club has really impressed me and the other guys and we are pushing in the right direction of where we want to be, pushing for the Premiership and the Champions League again, and the other trophies available to us.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1734170,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNew ... 70,00.html</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.