John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

during the Ancelotti press conference a spokesman said

After this fresh approach from Manchester City, John has made a short statement regarding his future, it took 2 minutes to write down and it is a gesture to the fans of chelsea, to ease their minds and put the matter to bed once and for all !. He stated he does not want to go to man city and is in no way interested or considering the offer that is currently on the table. and he will consider no further offers in the future.

.............oh wait, that didn't happen !

everyone knows the reason red roman appointed Ancelotti is that he wants a yes man who will go along with HIS decisions on who to sign and not sign,and there is no bigger yes man in the game than Ancelotti,who has a track record at Milan of letting Berlusconi dicatate who they buy and sell. If Abramovich feels its in Chelseas interest to sell Terry then Ancelotti will just tow the line and accept the decision. I still don't think Terry will come at thee end of the day, but I salute the City hierachy for making this statement by making a bid for him,that if nothing else,has proved the media are starting to take City seriously where transfers are concerned.

Henry and Ronaldo both went for the club. Barca and Madrid are massive clubs and they dreamed of going. You could say they were making a step up, although it is hard to better Man Utd in terms of their reputation currently. With all due respect to City, moving from Chelsea is no step up, it isn't even on par. City best bet next year is 4th, maybe 3rd but I cannot see City overpowering Chelsea anytime soon. What City are doing is fine, trying to buy talent, just like Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea, barca etc. but there will be no other reason but greed for his move. Players like Lescott, Barry, Santa Cruz you could argue were making steps up and they moved for ambition. Big year for Terry, what with the World Cup and all, why go from somewhere you are loved, playing Champions League football against the best teams in the world, to a club where he may not gel, or be wanted as much?

What gets me with this bid, if chelsea did not say anything and kept quite and just kept on
saying to us he's not for sale full stop and he's going nowhere we would'nt have the situation we'll in now.

waspish said:
What gets me with this bid, if chelsea did not say anything and kept quite and just kept on
saying to us he's not for sale full stop and he's going nowhere we would'nt have the situation we'll in now.

They went public to make it clear to the fans that John Terry going would not be decision taken by them.

This is exactly like the Eto'o situation in that contractually if a club sells a player, that player is then due a loyalty payment.

Clubs around the world all say the same thing. NOT FOR SALE! It also gives the chairman/owner breathing space with the fans.

Im not saying that Terry will come but if he does, he will have to hand in a transfer request, thus putting him in a bad light with the fans and also saving Chelsea money, re the loyalty payment.

Any financial loss though would i have no doubt be covered by us just like it will be with Eto'o.

waspish said:

Imo I think Chelski announced it publicly in the hope that Terry would come out and say he didnt want to move but it's backfired I think and he hasnt done what Chelski expected him to do! If he had we wouldnt be discusing it now and we would be linked with the next player, but Terry has kept quiet and this has only made it only more interesting for us and the media. Even the Chelski fans are starting to flap (dont blame them) at his silence. I would say that if he did come out and say he wasnt going to move now after 2 days of silence, that it would still have legs (would be interesting to see how he worded any statement he makes). Tbf I would be suprised if he didnt come out and say he did want to stay at Chelski even if he did want to move to us.

Haha Granada reports are at it now! Will Terry be another big name to turn down megabucks man city after rejections from Kaka and Eto'o recently.

Shooter 83 said:
Haha Granada reports are at it now! Will Terry be another big name to turn down megabucks man city after rejections from Kaka and Eto'o recently.

It's all good, no such thing as bad publicity and our owners know that!

Sorry if already posted, but loving the OS 'What the Papers Say' Preamble, "While the odd free transfer may be going through elsewhere, the sports pages are fascinated by Mark Hughes' recruitment campaign as it becomes clear Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz can expect company soon in the new boys section on the team coach ... "

Digs at ManUre while talking about prising JT from Chelsea, Funny as Fook!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.