John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair comments pressgang.

you dont need to tell me it wont bring automatic success, iv been sayin that myself for the last 11 months. i do though, think that for your benifit, JT needs to issue a statement. he could publically put this to bed in an instant. but he hasn't. now im not sayin that means anythin, but i do feel he is leaving the door open to further speculation. and all of this is very encouraging for garry cook and the rest of our team. they wouldn't go back in for him without solid foundations to build on. these are top businessmen were talking about. they know when a deal is over, and given that fact. this one is far from over. (sorry if im sounding bad. had a couple of cans. i dont mean to.im jus very realistic and passionate about these things)

Pam said:
Spindash said:
Mark Samarloam said:
So, you all still think there is a chance of terry signing do you?

Go away Brian.

So you still think there's a chance that he won't? What a tard.
He's a notorious wum who used to post as bigbadbrian, who said that we'd walked away from the Eto'o deal about 4 days ago.

Pressgang said:
Young_Kenny_The_Blue said:
Pressgang said:
Okay, I admit here and now. I am a Chelsea fan. I come in peace.

First off, your club has balls for going for JT and I admire that. What you are doing now is similar to what we did 5-6 years ago, and to be fair the club are showing a lot of ambition, and they aren't afraid of going for their targets.

However, I don't think you're going to get JT. He loves Chelsea. He gets paid well. His family are settled. He is captain. We can win literally every trophy. He has a great relationship with the fans and I don't think would want to do anything to jeapordise that. I think even if the bid was accepted, in the end he wouldn't be able to pull himself away.

So IMO its not going to happen.

I admit I'm a member of CFCnet (under another username) and there's a lot of people on there who are emotional about potentially losing JT. There've been a few people (including me) who may have suggested a few wind ups, but honestly its all in banter and jest. There's nothing personal meant.

It is an interesting debate, and as a Chelsea fan with the experience of 5/6 years ago when it was us spending all the money, to see someone else come from, with all due respect, further behind than us (we were top 4 and a cup-winning side before Roman) and to try and do the same, on a potentially bigger scale, is very interesting to observe and I think as Chelsea fans we probably get what you're experiencing right now better than anyone because of our own experience - and long years without a trophy before 1997, and long years without a league title before 2005.

I wish you well, but you won't get JT. Honestly.

Oh and any of you who think CFCnet is a place to find the answers to your rumours, it isn't. We don't have ITK people on there, and if there are, they don't disclose anything.

and you are this sure how........... thats a fair comment considering your beloved captain has said he loves chelsea and wants to stay....... oh wait....... my mistake. and until then my friend. i dont believe you. how did you feel when the gunners were sayin that about Cashley cole. and he left. funny that eh....... sorry to say that the tide is turnin and "chelsea" are no longer the in team

deal with it
Becuase he said it a few months ago when he ruled City out completely and said he wanted to finish his career here, becuase he's said it his whole career at various points and becuase the club say they've spoken to him about it and this week have said he wants to stay forever. And they don't need the money and don't want to sell, and he's under contract.

He doesn't really need to say anything. He's said enough times he wants to finish his career at Chelsea and win the CL with us, and the Prem again. He's even said he wants to manage us at some point. He rejected you a few months ago and said he wanted to stay. End of.

Oh, and Ashley Cole pursued us. We were interested, but it was his agent who initiated that, and he was never tied to Arsenal the same way anyway. Totally different mate.

You City fans need to be patient. Success will come, but it won't happen overnight as you started behind where we were in 2003 when Roman came. We were already a big club, with a recent history of trophies, a recent title challenge and recent run in the CL, we'd qualified for the CL already and already had Lampard, JT, Gallas, Cudicini, Hasslebaink, Gudjohnsen and Desailly at the club.

It will take time for you to get there. I have no doubt if you keep on spending and buying players as you are, eventually success is going to come. But money doesn't equal automatic success - character and good management is equally important, and TBH Chelsea and Utd are both still ahead of you in terms of quality and in terms of reputation. It takes years, and titles, to earn a reputation as a big club. We are only just getting it, and we won the league in 2005 and 2006. It takes time.

Don't worry, I fully anticipate City to win things soon. I think they may break the top four this year and maybe win a domestic cup. Next year, a title challenge maybe. Then, the year after that, you'll probably be ready to win the league/CL.

Problem is, by then United and Chelsea will still be spending big and improving, so to overtake is much harder. When we got our money, Arsenal were at the beginning of a decline and Utd were rebuilding. It was perfect timing, and we took advantage of it, and now are established alongside them.

For you, coming from further back and also with further to go to overtake and bigger competition, it will take longer to break into that top two. I'm sure it will happen, but be patient is all I am saying.

As I have said, JT doesn't need to say he's staying. He's said it countless times including this year when City came for him before, and he publicly rejected you then. He doesn't need to do it again.

Welcome, and stick around. I do think JT would do well to come out and make a statement to quell all this chatter but I suspect he is using it to get what he wants....whatever that might be.

As for patience, I don't worry, I've waited long enough for a bit of major silverware so another season or two won't really make much difference to me.

I'm not saying we are def going to sign Terry but lets just say 2 things:

1. The silence is golden
2. Chelsea would have been shouting from the rooftops if Terry was signing a new contract

This story has along way to run yet

i agree. do stick around pressgang. its nice to have a proper debate with a cfc fan without them comin on here acting the t%$t. u seem pretty switched on and realistic.

I know we have our nobs on here - but the Chelski ones are definately bigger peckers. Go forth and do one, you are and always have been out of your depth with MCFC. SH Mansour could have your "Rich" Owner cutting his fuckin lawn- Jog on the game is up.

The OS seems to be joining in LOL

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2009/July/Terry-key-meeting-over-future" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... ver-future</a>

Thaksinssoldier said:
Pam you may have hit on a huge piece of the puzzle there!

Did Chelsea come out and support him after makelele made his comments??

If not that could be his reason for wanting out!

It's tantamount to indifference or worse, Thaksin. Or so I seem to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.