John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nhsuperstar said:
phil58 said:
I've been thinking about this Terry transfer and something doesn't add up. Obviously MH identified the fact we needed a centre half and a leader. There are plenty of centre halves in the world who could do a job for us so why Terry. What I mean is surely Terry is one of the people that MH would not attempt to buy given the fact he IS Mr Chelsea , spent his career there and obviously has a big say on what goes on.
In other words MH must have been given some encouragement from somewhere to even attempt to sign him and that could only come from Terry himself.
Whether that came direct from Terry to Hughes or via England team mates isn't known but their must be some contact to start this transfer saga.
Given that senario I would say their is a better than even chance that Terry will indeed sign.
Just my opinion - ready to be shot down!

no need to shoot you down mate. i think you are absolutely spot on with this

I also think you're spot on. He must have been told something

mancityscot said:
nhsuperstar said:
phil58 said:
I've been thinking about this Terry transfer and something doesn't add up. Obviously MH identified the fact we needed a centre half and a leader. There are plenty of centre halves in the world who could do a job for us so why Terry. What I mean is surely Terry is one of the people that MH would not attempt to buy given the fact he IS Mr Chelsea , spent his career there and obviously has a big say on what goes on.
In other words MH must have been given some encouragement from somewhere to even attempt to sign him and that could only come from Terry himself.
Whether that came direct from Terry to Hughes or via England team mates isn't known but their must be some contact to start this transfer saga.
Given that senario I would say their is a better than even chance that Terry will indeed sign.

I also think you're spot on. He must have been told something
myself and my dad were talking about this and we both recon he will be signed up very soon...

Chorleyblue said:
Correct me if im wrong but could Umbro have something to do with it?

Another distinct possibility. there are so many connections. City kit, England Kit, Terry himself and of course the Nike Gary Cook thing. i think this would help it along but apart from the money i genuinely believe that Tery sees something happening that he wants to be part of. i think he's really excited by it and wants to be part of it. I also think Chelsea aren't overly concerned about him leaving. its just about finding the right way to actually go about it.

Chorleyblue said:
well he is umbro's biggest asset and even tho were reportedly giving him loads of dosh i would imagine his image rights at umbro would make him on a nice little earner with them. your on to to something there. terry could see this whole deal umbro included as an offer he just cant walk away from.

Chorleyblue said:

Ofcourse Umbro is involved in this deal. They want to see their biggest face in a Umbro shirt. I think that Umbro is behind at least half of the cost to bring Terry to COMS

elanos tumb said:
Chorleyblue said:

Ofcourse Umbro is involved in this deal. They want to see their biggest face in a Umbro shirt. I think that Umbro is behind at least half of the cost to bring Terry to COMS
Another reason why I think he will sign.

the more i hear on this the more i think chelsea want him out, they see this as a time to get maximum money its there 1 and only chance to get anything for this guy! if they just came out and said were gonna allow him to talk to city, there would be riots, they've put the feelers out and even some chelsea fans aren't seein it as the big disaster they thought it might be, i think they might just be waiting for the initial shock to go and then we may here some more about him comin to city

phil58 said:
elanos tumb said:
Chorleyblue said:

Another reason why I think he will sign.

You sir, your are very clever;)

nhsuperstar said:
phil58 said:
In other words MH must have been given some encouragement from somewhere to even attempt to sign him and that could only come from Terry himself.Whether that came direct from Terry to Hughes or via England team mates isn't known but their must be some contact to start this transfer saga.

or it could come from adug? (obviously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.