John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and the Mirror say...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/19/john-terry-in-turmoil-as-relationship-with-chelsea-at-breaking-point-115875-21530378/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21530378/</a>

Hmm...

BLOOMUEN said:
Oh, and the Mirror say...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/19/john-terry-in-turmoil-as-relationship-with-chelsea-at-breaking-point-115875-21530378/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21530378/</a>

Hmm...

Gets tissues out of pocket..

BLOOMUEN said:
Could Chelsea be being very smart in this saga?

I just wonder whether behind the scenes they, in spite of their public face, have reasoned that an offer in excess of £30M for JT is good value given his age and medical history. With Champions league football, they should be able to attract a top class replacement. Ancelotti is also a world renowned coach and they can also offer a substantial salary package (just not as potty as ours). JT is a leader, a winner and, as England captain in a world cup year, an English international icon. As a developing club, we need John Terry more than they do. A lot more! Chelsea know that too and perhaps they are just trying to screw us, quite reasonably, for as much as they can.

Ironically, if we make a significantly improved offer, a point may be reached where Chelsea decide Terry's future whilst he, perhaps genuinely, weighs up all of his options.

Kenyon must also consider that uncertainty has cost Chelsea dearly over the last 18months. They don't need this pissing around with a new manager at the helm.Moving on a club stalwart, just over a year from his 30th birthday, for a ridiculous fee just makes good sense.

I think Fwank is already starting the PR damage limitation exercise for his old mate.

I'm sorry but from the Chelsea point of view your reasoning makes no sense whatsoever.

The only way John Terry will end up at City is if he hands in transfer request,that's my take.
I don't see the club willingly parting ways with him for a variety of reasons.

I also genuinely believe, being as biased as I am, that such move would prove to be a mistake for John. City with all the money at their disposal can buy their way out of trouble and can afford to make costly errors in the transfer market. Terry though, as a player and a man, won't be able to turn around later and say oops sorry, let's pretend nothing happened.

Although as long as this thing drags on I'm starting to wonder why I give a crap anymore. Whatever it is, I just wish it was over, one way or the other.

Fwank is JT's big mate and did exactly the same thing last summer to get a bigger wodge. He could just as easily be playing the game, don't read much into his quotes imo.

Reluctantly, I'd accept a £40 Million bid for Terry. He is getting quite old, is becoming more injury prone and it is a lot of money to take in for a defender. Maybe, it's time to cash in. I would be sad to see Chelsea lose it's England captain, but I'd always see him as a player made by Chelsea. Lampard is a similar chracter, though, not quite as influential, but I'd be happy to see him wear the arm band.

I hope, if we sell him, the money will go straight into new transfers. If we lose Terry we will need a young centre back with the potential or ability to be world class, we will need a creative midfielder and a third striker. Weirdly, selling JT for such a high price could make Chelsea the strongest team in the league.

If he doesn't go, we still get a fantastic leader, an England captain in our ranks and a player to be proud of despite the problems we've had in this saga.

I'm no longer bitter, JT has been a hero to us for years and would understand if he wanted to try something new. Naturally, I wouldn't wish him too much success but I wish him happiness.

So, either way, I see great benefits for Chelsea.

For me it's the same as two weeks ago....... He's said fuck all and that means he's coming END OF

Or he's lost his tongue in some wierd after season ritual

If I was a CFC fan I'd be well and truly pissed off at the captain of my club/England saying fuck all.

Come on JT end it for the sake of all concerned

p.s take the £250K a week mate........ I would

bobrivers said:
BLOOMUEN said:
Could Chelsea be being very smart in this saga?

I just wonder whether behind the scenes they, in spite of their public face, have reasoned that an offer in excess of £30M for JT is good value given his age and medical history. With Champions league football, they should be able to attract a top class replacement. Ancelotti is also a world renowned coach and they can also offer a substantial salary package (just not as potty as ours). JT is a leader, a winner and, as England captain in a world cup year, an English international icon. As a developing club, we need John Terry more than they do. A lot more! Chelsea know that too and perhaps they are just trying to screw us, quite reasonably, for as much as they can.

Ironically, if we make a significantly improved offer, a point may be reached where Chelsea decide Terry's future whilst he, perhaps genuinely, weighs up all of his options.

Kenyon must also consider that uncertainty has cost Chelsea dearly over the last 18months. They don't need this pissing around with a new manager at the helm.Moving on a club stalwart, just over a year from his 30th birthday, for a ridiculous fee just makes good sense.

I think Fwank is already starting the PR damage limitation exercise for his old mate.

I'm sorry but from the Chelsea point of view your reasoning makes no sense whatsoever.

The only way John Terry will end up at City is if he hands in transfer request,that's my take.
I don't see the club willingly parting ways with him for a variety of reasons.

I also genuinely believe, being as biased as I am, that such move would prove to be a mistake for John. City with all the money at their disposal can buy their way out of trouble and can afford to make costly errors in the transfer market. Terry though, as a player and a man, won't be able to turn around later and say oops sorry, let's pretend nothing happened.

Although as long as this thing drags on I'm starting to wonder why I give a crap anymore. Whatever it is, I just wish it was over, one way or the other.

There's always one transfer that drags on and on all through the summer. Usually it's an Arsenal player but this is this years vintage.
Originally I expected JT to come out after a week with a fat pay rise and the praise of the fans ringing in his ears, now though he's leaving it really late to get any kind of good will from the supporters. It's not quite the same as the Gerrard transfer as Chelsea aint as sentimental as the mousers supporters. I think it more likely he comes to us now

fulhamroad22 said:
Reluctantly, I'd accept a £40 Million bid for Terry. He is getting quite old, is becoming more injury prone and it is a lot of money to take in for a defender. Maybe, it's time to cash in. I would be sad to see Chelsea lose it's England captain, but I'd always see him as a player made by Chelsea. Lampard is a similar chracter, though, not quite as influential, but I'd be happy to see him wear the arm band.

I hope, if we sell him, the money will go straight into new transfers. If we lose Terry we will need a young centre back with the potential or ability to be world class, we will need a creative midfielder and a third striker. Weirdly, selling JT for such a high price could make Chelsea the strongest team in the league.

If he doesn't go, we still get a fantastic leader, an England captain in our ranks and a player to be proud of despite the problems we've had in this saga.

I'm no longer bitter, JT has been a hero to us for years and would understand if he wanted to try something new. Naturally, I wouldn't wish him too much success but I wish him happiness.

So, either way, I see great benefits for Chelsea.

Thats a very very fair post m8,good on yer pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.