John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulhamroad22 said:
BLOOMUEN said:
I agree that this is a possibility, but that's John's £200k+ per week risk?

I agree. I mean JT will not be a club legend, sadly, if he goes- although I'd praise him for all he's done, most would turn on him. Terry's loss would be possible silverware this season (possibly ending with Lampard lifting the Champions League if we're very lucky) and a place as a legend in the supporters' minds at Chelsea. It may or may not be worth it. I'm not foolish enough to think that City aren't worth thinking about, though and he could very well make the plunge.

If Terry does go your team will look like:

----------Given--------
Zabaleta-- JT--Lescott---Bridge
----Barry-De Jong--Ireland (?)
-----Robinho--Tevez----
----------Adebayor---

I'd say you'll be fighting Arsenal with that squad if the team gels well, and Terry would be a fool not to have his head turned by that.

Conversely, Chelsea could look like (as there will be money floating around for a new CB and possibly Aguero):

-----------Cech-----------
-Bos---Alex----CB (Toure?)--Ash
--Essien---Lampard (C)---Malouda
-----------Aguero-----------
------Drogba----Anelka---

Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Pizarro, Ballack, Mikel, Joe Cole, Zhirkov

You wont need Aguerro now you've got Sturridge ;)

The thing about JT's silence is that he can only keep silent with the agreement of Chelsea F.C.

He is their Captain and figurehead and hasn't given a single interview since coming back from holiday. There must be some pretty serious discussions going on between JT and Chelsea's management for this state of affairs to continue. The official Chelsea F.C. line that he is 100% staying is clearly bollocks. But I guess Ancelloti is used to spouting crap having worked for Berlusconi.

The only problem with all this from our point of view is it does not necessarily mean he is coming to us. But what it definitely does indicate is that all is not well between Chelsea F.C. and John Terry.

Fascinating !

bobrivers said:
BLOOMUEN said:
I agree that this is a possibility, but that's John's £200k+ per week risk?

He's already a very rich man.

The backlash from the switch to City would be huge, most CFC fans wouldn't be very understanding.

I guess it's all about what his priorities are.

Sorry for being repetitious, but that's why I believe that Lampard's comments are more than 'off the cuff' musings.

Most of you Chelsea lads seem like decent fans, so don't want to get into slanging match, but I really think this could happen now?

dave_blue12 said:
The thing about JT's silence is that he can only keep silent with the agreement of Chelsea F.C.

He is their Captain and figurehead and hasn't given a single interview since coming back from holiday. There must be some pretty serious discussions going on between JT and Chelsea's management for this state of affairs to continue. The official Chelsea F.C. line that he is 100% staying is clearly bollocks. But I guess Ancelloti is used to spouting crap having worked for Berlusconi.

The only problem with all this from our point of view is it does not necessarily mean he is coming to us. But what it definitely does indicate is that all is not well between Chelsea F.C. and John Terry.

Fascinating !

Clearly he is unsettled, or else he would speak. How long do we give him though as we need to get the ball rolling on our next targets. There is no way on earth that we havent got a list - defence was/is still our main issue.

You're right powder blue. I reckon we need to give him some kind of deadline and either he hands in a transfer request or we walk away and move on to our next target. Considering we supposedly put a bid in for him in January , he's had some time to think about City being a possibility

newbluebrazilians said:
piss or get off the pan

one of the greatest sayings ever pmsl

come on john get off the john.

Haha, it is a cracker! Couldn't think of anything that summed the situation up better! Get off the John, John, nicely worked mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.