John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
flb said:
I think they made it public to create a public outcry from Chelsea fans so to make there chances of him staying- it was reported im sure by posters on here that he had handed in a transfer request of which they refused and told him to go away and think about it.Chelsea will use any trick in the book to get him to stay and a favourite by all clubs is to gain the sympathy and support of the fans.Chelsea have turned this into a charade backed up by Hughes's comments about Chelsea not needing to make it public.

Terry knows damn well where he'll be playing football next season,lets just hope hes strong enough to make the right decision for his career and not let sentiments cloud his judgment.

So silence is golden,cant see him making a decision while in America now,hed have done it already.

good post that. I totally agree that that's why they went public - to pile th emedia and fan pressure on him.

Who knows - inadvertently they could be playing into our hands.

Didsbury Dave said:
flb said:
I think they made it public to create a public outcry from Chelsea fans so to make there chances of him staying- it was reported im sure by posters on here that he had handed in a transfer request of which they refused and told him to go away and think about it.Chelsea will use any trick in the book to get him to stay and a favourite by all clubs is to gain the sympathy and support of the fans.Chelsea have turned this into a charade backed up by Hughes's comments about Chelsea not needing to make it public.

Terry knows damn well where he'll be playing football next season,lets just hope hes strong enough to make the right decision for his career and not let sentiments cloud his judgment.

So silence is golden,cant see him making a decision while in America now,hed have done it already.

good post that. I totally agree that that's why they went public - to pile th emedia and fan pressure on him.

Who knows - inadvertently they could be playing into our hands.
Correct,and if Terry see's it like that then his decision gets easier,there owner is a bully boy and his latest yesman Ancelotti wont last ten minuites.What Lampard said is the closet you will get as if said by Terry himself-i fancy our chances.

Terry's silence has been interpreted by many here as a sign that he wants to leave. While this may be the case, you can always turn it around and point it the other way.

If he really wants to leave, why keep silent? The club made their position known publicly right from the start, and in such a way that leaves JT and his camp no room whatsoever to maneuver. If he indeed made up his mind about leaving, Terry's continued silence doesn't really help his case. The club won't sell him so he has to force the issue and dragging it on isn't in his interest. If the transfer goes through his status and reputation among CFC fans will take a blow no matter what, anyway.Plus, a deal of this magnitude takes a very long time to get done even after the selling club gives permission to speak to the player and we're nowhere near that point.

In that light his actions seem a bit odd, don't they? He continues to train with the squad, goes on the US tour,plays every match from start to finish and his coach and teammates don't see any signs of him angling for a move according to what say in their interviews.

I dont mean to be a miserable bastard but ive got a feeling we will miss out on both terry and lescott. Im suspicious that terry is after a better contract at chelsea and i reckon moyes is guna be a royal twat and refuse to sell lescott no matter what. Hope im wrong though.
Im getting angry with all these closet rags saying terry wont sign because we're not in europe. I see this as an advantage to him. We all know his back is fucked so surely playing less games gives him a better chance of being fit for the world cup and less chance of suffering burn out

Did anyone see Ancelloti's interview this morning? He was asked about the Drogba negotiations and said he has nothing to do with finances and was quite pointed in saying he was a 'technical coach' and wanted to remain a 'technical coach'. Whilst I don't think for one minute managers have a close hand in the financial side of negotiations, I am sure they are usually involved in who they want and how much to pay for/to them.
It's almost admitting he has nothing at all to do with transfers and contracts. Which has been one of the bug bears at Chelsea as JT thinks the control should not all be in the hands of Abramovich as he frequently gets it wrong.

riley347 said:
Rammy Blue said:
the minute we get an inkling JT wants to stay at Chelsea we will publically retract and move on, until then we are definitely in with a shout.

it won't drag on much longer anyway, at the latest i would say early next week when we are back at COMS/Carrington.

would this 'inkling' be the minute JT says he wants to stay??......in which case,it,s a bit late.............

NO.... they would get an inkling before it was public. Who are his mates... and play for city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.