John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

There is a spud mashing thread elsewhere on these boards.

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Spursmad321

I'm not being rude or ignorant mate, but why come on a city forum feeding us all this information, even if you are ITK and everything you say is correct (which i don't doubt at all and atm i am 100% on your posts and in you i trust), but why do it? city fans and spurs fans pretty much don't get on and the majority of city fans i know hate spurs, if i had info on some other club i wouldn't join their forum and tell them about it, it's not a dig at you i just wanna know why you chose to do it?

I hope this post doesn't come across all agressive, as it isn't meant to, just asking a questions, also thanks for your interesting posts!

cheers :D

An interesting question which is quite easy to answer, I don't hate City fans or any other clubs fans either. I hate losing and when we do I am not one to be around for the next couple of hours, but that doesn't mean I hate the surpporters of the other team we lost to. I would hate someone who raped my daughter or killed my mum, but to hate someone for beating us in a football match is a bit strong imho.

I come on here because I am fortunate enough to get some good info on your club which I thought you would like to know, and if by doing so I can turn some city fans from hateing us then I would have achieved something good.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Spursmad321

would love him to sign but just can't see it - Terry likes to be the big cheese at chelsea and I think this is likely to be posturing on his part such that ancelotti when he comes in will give him a big cuddle and tell him how important he is to him as his long term captain, and Terry will then come out with "never wanted to leave, new manager has reassured me of captaincy and I am not and never was going anywhere" - just an opinion, life goes on

The Europe-fixated media never seem to pick up on this fact, but there is a perverse advantage to be playing for domestic trophies only this season. If we bring in everyone that we want to bring in, we will have a large and extremely talented squad excluded who are excluded from Europe by default and for one season only. What I mean is, we will have great players, a great team and a great squad and I'm sure we'll seek to take advantage of the fact that we will be fresher than most by the end of the season because our rivals will have so many more playing commitments than us and it's bound to tell to some extent or other. This is the sort of thing that our half-witted media will pick up on but only when it becomes impossible to miss. You won't hear the first media mention of this in April, probably, but City will have been thinking about it for a much longer time than that.

Tccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and I thought it was all down to MHs boot camp getting the players super fit. Pam I agree at most with two cup runs going to the final in each one we will only play max 50 games. If we were in Europa it would be closer to seventy. For that number of games we would need a top quality squad of 30 players, if we get the players linked with this summer we should have a top quality squad of about 25 players and that should be enough to get us Europe next year when a further 5 -6 top notch players can be added, but with the incentive we will be playing in Europe hopefully CL). The other advantage is that by not playing in Europe all the international players who are after World Cup glory won't be as knackered and maybe injury free allowing them a) to get picked for their respective world cup squads and b) have a decent world cup.

spursmad321 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
Spursmad321

I'm not being rude or ignorant mate, but why come on a city forum feeding us all this information, even if you are ITK and everything you say is correct (which i don't doubt at all and atm i am 100% on your posts and in you i trust), but why do it? city fans and spurs fans pretty much don't get on and the majority of city fans i know hate spurs, if i had info on some other club i wouldn't join their forum and tell them about it, it's not a dig at you i just wanna know why you chose to do it?

I hope this post doesn't come across all agressive, as it isn't meant to, just asking a questions, also thanks for your interesting posts!

cheers :D

An interesting question which is quite easy to answer, I don't hate City fans or any other clubs fans either. I hate losing and when we do I am not one to be around for the next couple of hours, but that doesn't mean I hate the surpporters of the other team we lost to. I would hate someone who raped my daughter or killed my mum, but to hate someone for beating us in a football match is a bit strong imho.

I come on here because I am fortunate enough to get some good info on your club which I thought you would like to know, and if by doing so I can turn some city fans from hateing us then I would have achieved something good.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Spursmad321

Ignore the whingers, spursmad, and keep up the good work.

BringBackSwales said:
would love him to sign but just can't see it - Terry likes to be the big cheese at chelsea and I think this is likely to be posturing on his part such that ancelotti when he comes in will give him a big cuddle and tell him how important he is to him as his long term captain, and Terry will then come out with "never wanted to leave, new manager has reassured me of captaincy and I am not and never was going anywhere" - just an opinion, life goes on

so it's wait for the 09.30 press conference from the bridge then

Rammyblues said:
The Europe-fixated media never seem to pick up on this fact, but there is a perverse advantage to be playing for domestic trophies only this season. If we bring in everyone that we want to bring in, we will have a large and extremely talented squad excluded who are excluded from Europe by default and for one season only. What I mean is, we will have great players, a great team and a great squad and I'm sure we'll seek to take advantage of the fact that we will be fresher than most by the end of the season because our rivals will have so many more playing commitments than us and it's bound to tell to some extent or other. This is the sort of thing that our half-witted media will pick up on but only when it becomes impossible to miss. You won't hear the first media mention of this in April, probably, but City will have been thinking about it for a much longer time than that.

Tccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and I thought it was all down to MHs boot camp getting the players super fit. Pam I agree at most with two cup runs going to the final in each one we will only play max 50 games. If we were in Europa it would be closer to seventy. For that number of games we would need a top quality squad of 30 players, if we get the players linked with this summer we should have a top quality squad of about 25 players and that should be enough to get us Europe next year when a further 5 -6 top notch players can be added, but with the incentive we will be playing in Europe hopefully CL). The other advantage is that by not playing in Europe all the international players who are after World Cup glory won't be as knackered and maybe injury free allowing them a) to get picked for their respective world cup squads and b) have a decent world cup.

I was discussing this with a friend the other week. He was annoyed that we did not get into europe but i think it could be a blessing in disguise. Not competing in europe this season could mean the differnce between the europa leage and the champions league next season.

400th post. a-woo hoo!

TedLoonBlue said:
BringBackSwales said:

so it's wait for the 09.30 press conference from the bridge then

Haven't heard about this. Has there been another of Chelski's strange announcements?

one way of looking at it aswell is the fact if terry did join us he wouldnt be playing 50+ games next seasonand would be fresher for the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.