John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the media go mental with it, despite nothing having actually changed in reality.

This is exactly like the Lampard situation last year, except that Lampard publicly stated he'd considered a move. What happened? Lampard got a mega contract, I think Terry might have seen a chance in this whole situation.

Whatever happens now, the relationship between CFC and Terry will never be the same.
Reminds me of Ronaldo and Utd last Summer, and Adebayor and Barcelona/Milan. No point keeping players who are unhappy.

zolas_big_toe said:
So the media go mental with it, despite nothing having actually changed in reality.

This is exactly like the Lampard situation last year, except that Lampard publicly stated he'd considered a move. What happened? Lampard got a mega contract, I think Terry might have seen a chance in this whole situation.

So would he not be a money grabber either way to your fans?
Signs for City "he only did it for the money, sold his soul"
Stays at Chelski but gets a nice pay rise "He has shown he is loyal to the club and never wanted to move"
Cant have it both ways, and regardless of what you think either option is about money. The difference is we see him as a bonus and money isnt an option but you see it as a crisis and the soul being ripped out the club if he goes. I dont hink he will come but if he does then great, I think City should go all out to make sure they cause waves in your club though by trying as hard as they can to get him in. We cant lose on this transfer, either way we are now being taken seriously by the media, the top 4 and the rest of Europe. Happy days.

not my fault! said:
zolas_big_toe said:

Stays at Chelski but gets a nice pay rise "He has shown he is loyal to the club and never wanted to move"
Cant have it both ways, and regardless of what you think either option is about money. The difference is we see him as a bonus and money isnt an option but you see it as a crisis and the soul being ripped out the club if he goes. I dont hink he will come but if he does then great, I think City should go all out to make sure they cause waves in your club though by trying as hard as they can to get him in. We cant lose on this transfer, either way we are now being taken seriously by the media, the top 4 and the rest of Europe. Happy days.

fair point, can't argue with that. So undoubtedly Chelsea fans will...

zolas_big_toe said:

I agree with you on the idea about the contract. But I think you're beating the media a bit much. This is the England captain and he's had more than ample opportunity to say either: I'm not leaving OR 'I'd like to renegotiate a contract and commit myself to Chelsea until the end of my career.' He's done neither. Is Terry getting nay abuse or criticism from Chelsea fans?

not my fault! said:
zolas_big_toe said:

I did see Lampard as a bit greedy for going for a better contract, but he's only human, i'd definately do the same ;) And it helped that he had an absolutely brilliant season afterwards.

I don't see it as a crisis because i don't believe at all that he will move, if you look at the chelsea forums you'll see the majority believe the same.

It won't really be win/win if you get rejected by another player, nobody is really going to take you seriously until you finish in the top 4, and at the moment you're still several players away from a Europa league position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.