Johnson - the closest thing since Giggs?

He is the type of player that wins the refs over with his honest style too,
he'll get shed loads of free kicks and penalties for us!
What a brilliant piece of business, the best since the takeover?

stonerblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Johnson is the closest thing I have seen to Giggs in a very long time.

I saw Giggs make his debut against us (how did Wayne Clarke hit the post from there?)

He possesses the same directness, and closeness of control. It is also a long time since this club had anyone who can individually bring the play a good 30 or 40 yards upfield in our favour.

Very rarely do I get carried away by people at the outset of their careers, but I have seen enough football in my lifetime to recognise when somebody has ALL the fundamentals of the game.

There is a real desire and even at 22, he already has something which Giggs was not able to produce until later into his prime - a final ball.

This kid is only going to get better and better. There is a certain karma surrounding this. We were stiffed on Giggs, Johnson turned his back on the dark side to come to us.

A World Cup bet?

while one swallow doesn't make a summer i have to agree with you TH. (apart from his age. Isn't he 20?)

Lovely touch and control and can put a mean ball in the box. All this with both feet an' all. Very impresssive debut.

Looks a really good player. Crosses the ball with pace and accuracy.
If Ade stays in the centre instead of drifting wide he'll score a hatfull!
Very good debut.

This guy is the real deal. Normally when a youngster comes through there is at least one or two areas of their game you think are either lacking or need alot of work but as yet I can't see anything? Seems to have a good temperament also, which is a real asset as even the most talented players are nowt without a decent attitude.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Johnson is the closest thing I have seen to Giggs in a very long time.

I saw Giggs make his debut against us (how did Wayne Clarke hit the post from there?)

He possesses the same directness, and closeness of control. It is also a long time since this club had anyone who can individually bring the play a good 30 or 40 yards upfield in our favour.

Very rarely do I get carried away by people at the outset of their careers, but I have seen enough football in my lifetime to recognise when somebody has ALL the fundamentals of the game.

There is a real desire and even at 22, he already has something which Giggs was not able to produce until later into his prime - a final ball.

This kid is only going to get better and better. There is a certain karma surrounding this. We were stiffed on Giggs, Johnson turned his back on the dark side to come to us.

A World Cup bet?

Good post 'Tolmie' ...... and i think you're right too.

Even though Rooney takes all the plaudits at the Swamp , for me it's Giggs who can change a game more ...... how many of their goals against us this season has he set up , or scored?

In Adam Johnson i see a similar type of player to Giggs in his youth ...... very direct , not afraid to take people on , always prepared to get crosses into the danger area quickly ....... i think we've signed a 'pearl' here , and i hope we look after him , because i definetely think we're gonna hear and see much more of this guy ..... he WILL grow in stature here , no doubt about it!

mcfc_die_hard said:
ronaldo was the same build as johnson when he went to united. he will beef up and i can see him becoming a multimillion pound player in the future

ronaldo's about 3 inches taller

think he looks great but i'm not getting too excited yet. i don't think he's the messiah, just a very naughty boy.

I was impressed with the impression he made against hull (not that it was hard to stand out in that game!) but even still last night the first comparison that came to mind was with Giggs! Every time he got the ball everyone around the ground was excited to see what he would do. The future is definitely bright for this lad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.