Joleon Lescott, Why?

I think it might be a surprise, Lescott can be sold in a couple of weeks. Has he showed the neccesary skills or toughness up till now? I know he has had injuries, but...

Well, i am not sure about him anyway.

Lescott, SWP and Bridge may well leave City if the Daily Wail are to be believed. Personally I would like JL to stay a while. The other two can go.

lionheart said:
Lescott, SWP and Bridge may well leave City if the Daily Wail are to be believed. Personally I would like JL to stay a while. The other two can go.

All 3 of these players are more than good enough for a place in the squad.

I suppose their future depends on whether that is enough for them and whether RM likes them.

We've got much worse players on the books than these 3, the problem is no-one wants them; whereas these 3 would have clubs willing to buy them.

lescotts a class cb, theres a reason we paid all the money for him, he got caught out alot last season early on covering for wayne ' im gna run aimlessly up the pitch' bridge

Eccles Blue said:
Last season Mark Hughes made us look a laughing stock by pursuing this player and raising the wrath of the Everton Manager and fans. So what has he done for City since? Nowt. He got injured and now, in pre-season, is still playing like a Championship player and we lost one of our better players, imho, Richard Dunne, for a bit of a crock. Why?

Have to agree Lescott hardly covered himself in glory last season, not quite of the scale Crocky but a bad signing considering that we let a better player go for a fraction of what we bought him for.

All of our centre halfs are good players but i don't think any of them are real top club material, i'm very surprised we haven't strengthend in that area ( apart from maybe Boateng of course)

Eccles Blue said:
Last season Mark Hughes made us look a laughing stock by pursuing this player and raising the wrath of the Everton Manager and fans. So what has he done for City since? Nowt. He got injured and now, in pre-season, is still playing like a Championship player and we lost one of our better players, imho, Richard Dunne, for a bit of a crock. Why?

I think if you look at the team now apart from another striker to replace RSC the only positions on the pitch that look a little suspect are the centre halfs - however last season Lescott and Kompany together did look solid - the question is however are they good enough not sure but for me give rgem a chance now we look to have some decent full backs

StretfordEnd Ryda said:
he's fuckin pants! everton took you for mugs the same way villa will with milner!!!

lescott 24mil???????? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE i wouldnt even pay 5mil for him lol

should of kept richard dunne! your loyal captain! along with swp the only player left from the main road days! you would never catch us reds treating gary neville, scholes or giggs the way city treated dunne and are treating swp at the moment

Hilarious post. No we would never treat our players the same way. We would retire them BEFORE they reached 65.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.