Scotty Parker----Scotty Parker-----Scotty Parker----Scotty Parker
Scotty Parker----Scotty Parker-----Scotty Parker----Scotty Parker
------------------Scotty Parker----Scotty Parker-----------------

No Cleverinho?

Withdrawn...... injured..... LOL !!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
citysince88 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Okay then not one manager has realised it since he has been playing in a top 5 team and in Europe for the past 2 years

So you don't think as we play teams of a higher calibre in the Champions league they won't sit down and think right where can we get at city and that they won't spot Lescott isn't the quickest or that he isn't as comfortable on the ball as others ? Okay if that's your opinion then we'll just agree to disagree :)

No because as the rags have been to the final of the CL as have Chelsea and Arsenal and Liverpool and as 3 of them still qualify (maybe not this season) for the CL and as they normally all get to at least the Quarter finals i would say he has played high calibre teams. Agree to disagree if you like but i would say that some top managers in some very good CL teams have still not spotted what you keep going on about

It's not as if what I keep going on about isn't true though is it, He isn't that quick and he is our most uncomfortable defender on the ball, it's not that difficult to think that one day the opposition manager will look at those two facts and try to use them for his teams benefit. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and he's been been in some excellent form this season but lets not pretend he is the complete defender as most players have weaknesses and those are Lescotts.

citysince88 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
citysince88 said:
So you don't think as we play teams of a higher calibre in the Champions league they won't sit down and think right where can we get at city and that they won't spot Lescott isn't the quickest or that he isn't as comfortable on the ball as others ? Okay if that's your opinion then we'll just agree to disagree :)

No because as the rags have been to the final of the CL as have Chelsea and Arsenal and Liverpool and as 3 of them still qualify (maybe not this season) for the CL and as they normally all get to at least the Quarter finals i would say he has played high calibre teams. Agree to disagree if you like but i would say that some top managers in some very good CL teams have still not spotted what you keep going on about

It's not as if what I keep going on about isn't true though is it, He isn't that quick and he is our most uncomfortable defender on the ball, it's not that difficult to think that one day the opposition manager will look at those two facts and try to use them for his teams benefit. Don't get me wrong I like the guy and he's been been in some excellent form this season but lets not pretend he is the complete defender as most players have weaknesses and those are Lescotts.

where has this myth come from thats hes not comfortable on the ball, did no one watch him against villa, he rarely gives it away and scores goals. No one is the complete player, even players like messi have weaknesses and lescott has been one of our best players all season, hes been consistent and playing well with and without kompany. I know hes not some fancy foreign name, but agaisnt all the big teams hes been brilliant, why dont people recognise that hes a good player that is here to stay.

bluebannana said:
citysince88 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

where has this myth come from thats hes not confortable on the ball, did no one watch him against villa, he rarely gives it away and scores goals. No one is the complete player, even players like messi have weaknesses and lescott has been one of our best players all season, hes been consistent and playing well with and without kompany. I know hes not some fancy foreign name, but agaisnt all the big teams hes been brilliant, why dont people recognise that hes a good player that is here to stay

I've not said he isn't a good player, but he isn't as good on the ball as our other defenders that is all.

citysince88 said:
bluebannana said:
citysince88 said:

where has this myth come from thats hes not confortable on the ball, did no one watch him against villa, he rarely gives it away and scores goals. No one is the complete player, even players like messi have weaknesses and lescott has been one of our best players all season, hes been consistent and playing well with and without kompany. I know hes not some fancy foreign name, but agaisnt all the big teams hes been brilliant, why dont people recognise that hes a good player that is here to stay

I've not said he isn't a good player, but he isn't as good on the ball as our other defenders that is all.

what proof is there that hes not good on the ball though ? so what if hes isnt anyway neither are players like terry and cannavaro yet they/were considered world class

[/quote]what proof is there that hes not good on the ball though ? so what if hes isnt anyway neither are players like terry and cannavaro yet they/were considered world class[/quote]

Well when people see him play, they can see it. The overall point I was making is that in my opinion other teams will try an take advantage of Lescotts weaknesses that's it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.