Joleon Lescott

Captain Oats said:
i hate the "need to work on his passing" myth. because he is an english centre back it means he cant pass??

He played some great passes yesterday, 1 was a great through ball after intercepting play. Vincent Kompany for me punted it up the field far too many times and we nearly conceeded a goal because of one.
Agree with this, I think he's doing better than Kompany at the min. Still love you though Vinnie :)

Luke The Blue said:
Captain Oats said:
i hate the "need to work on his passing" myth. because he is an english centre back it means he cant pass??

He played some great passes yesterday, 1 was a great through ball after intercepting play. Vincent Kompany for me punted it up the field far too many times and we nearly conceeded a goal because of one.
Agree with this, I think he's doing better than Kompany at the min. Still love you though Vinnie :)

His passing has been fine/great of late and tbh I think it's more down to him looking clumsy on the ball whether he's using it well or not. His awkwardness makes people feel like they can't trust him even when he hasn't done anything wrong.

dajd1984 said:
Luke The Blue said:
Captain Oats said:

His passing has been fine/great of late and tbh I think it's more down to him looking clumsy on the ball whether he's using it well or not. His awkwardness makes people feel like they can't trust him even when he hasn't done anything wrong.

Spot on. He looks less comfortable on the ball than Kompany or Kolo but it doesn't mean to say he's any worse with it.

Yeah, he's a bit like Yaya. It took time to get used to his gait and style and realise what a top player he is.
Joleon's part of the best defence in the league and that can't be a fluke. With Kolo as back-up (plus good for his bro's morale) and Savic to improve, I think we're just fine in the centre-back positions....we're not bad everywhere else too ;-)

I think of late he has looked a lot more comfortable and positive on the ball. Has massively improved, and turned it around from when he first arrived. I think most saw him as a liability at first but he is actually justifying his tag, wish is no mean feat considering how much he cost, and shows how well he has played this season.

MCFC BOB said:
ethan23 said:
premier league team of the year

hart
micah
joleon
kompany
silva
aguero

taking out any bias
Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Enrique; Yaya, Allen, Silva, Valencia; van Persie, Aguero
Vorm, Micah, Luiz, Kompany, Baines, Valencia, Modric, SIlva, Bale, Van Persie, Rooney.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
citysince88 said:
I have defended Lescott more than most on the site and It's nice to see he's getting some deserved praise. However lets not go too far he has some obvious flaws such as a lack of pace and some awkward passing which eventually clubs will identify and target, so if a quality left footed centre half that can match Lescotts physical qualities whilst being quicker and better with the ball becomes available we have to be a bit brutal and grab them as unfair as it would be on Lescott we're after the best.

That said his current form makes him one of the best defenders in the league and he is obviously well liked in the dressing room.

Its amazing that he has played football for 10 years and not 1 manager has identified and then targeted it that and then you come along and his career is over

HAHA I would suggest it's because, of the ten years he's spent in football the majority hasn't been at the very top has it. Wolves in the championship and mid table with Everton who don't really play the possession based football we do.

citysince88 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
citysince88 said:
I have defended Lescott more than most on the site and It's nice to see he's getting some deserved praise. However lets not go too far he has some obvious flaws such as a lack of pace and some awkward passing which eventually clubs will identify and target, so if a quality left footed centre half that can match Lescotts physical qualities whilst being quicker and better with the ball becomes available we have to be a bit brutal and grab them as unfair as it would be on Lescott we're after the best.

That said his current form makes him one of the best defenders in the league and he is obviously well liked in the dressing room.

Its amazing that he has played football for 10 years and not 1 manager has identified and then targeted it that and then you come along and his career is over

HAHA I would suggest it's because, of the ten years he's spent in football the majority hasn't been at the very top has it. Wolves in the championship and mid table with Everton who don't really play the possession based football we do.

Okay then not one manager has realised it since he has been playing in a top 5 team and in Europe for the past 2 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.