Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on then, which quality centre back in the EDS would you pick?

Sancho's a decent player but he's a winger so pretty irrelevant. Tosin isn't anywhere near our level and, barring drastic improvement, won't be for a long time.

Tosin might not be at our level yet but will improve, costs fuck all and is a City Fan. Evans has never been at our level and never will be, cost 25m, plus his wages will be much higher and he's not just a ex RAG but he supports them. He wife even works for Manure TV.

Tosin might not be at our level yet but will improve, costs fuck all and is a City Fan. Evans has never been at our level and never will be, cost 25m, plus his wages will be much higher and he's not just a ex RAG but he supports them. He wife even works for Manure TV.

I don't care who they support, for me it's as simple as Tosin isn't good enough to play in the Premier League and Evans clearly is.

A lot of people say that. I'm not sure it is as clear as some are making out.

What is unclear about it? Not only has he no premiere league experience, he's barely played any professional football at all. He's looked decent enough in preseason with a lot to work on in terms of passing and positional play but there's no way he's ready. Further, from his standpoint he would be far, far better served playing regularly in the Championship this year than getting a few minutes here and there for us.

Go on then, which quality centre back in the EDS would you pick?

Sancho's a decent player but he's a winger so pretty irrelevant. Tosin isn't anywhere near our level and, barring drastic improvement, won't be for a long time.
Evans is an average player that got discarded by the rags years ago, i refuse to think that Tosin or Mangala would do a worse job then him

I don't care who they support, for me it's as simple as Tosin isn't good enough to play in the Premier League and Evans clearly is.

As Tosin has never played in the PL, you or I don't know if that's true. Why offer him a new contract if we don't think he has potential.

What is unclear about it? Not only has he no premiere league experience, he's barely played any professional football at all. He's looked decent enough in preseason with a lot to work on in terms of passing and positional play but there's no way he's ready. Further, from his standpoint he would be far, far better served playing regularly in the Championship this year than getting a few minutes here and there for us.
He also seems a bit too lanky for me. In a league where you need to outmuscle opposing strikers in the box, his height can only help him so much. A loan to a physical league with a club who will help build his physical strength and coordination will help him be physically prepared to work on his mental/tactical game when he returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.