Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in an office full of reds, and they are all convinced that Evans is a top defender - they were all gutted that he left, and reckon he is still better than Jones, Rojo & Smalling. Apparently Fergie was fuming when Van Gaal sold him, and lets be honest - even though Fergie has been a thorn in our sides for years, we all know that he knows his stuff.

I've never been somebody who cares how much clubs spend on players transfer fees - for all I care, Bony could have cost a billion...it's not my money so I don't care! However, £25m for him does seem a bit steep - could we not just do a straight swap deal? Just swap him for Mangala? We're never gonna use the bloke, nor are we likely to get any money for him, so lets just swap him for someone we do want.

Keep the faith!

If only it were that simple. Firstly, you'd have to convince Mangala to join them, then you have to consider disparity in wages, contract lengths etc.

For those mentioning Mangala for 10mill. There is probably an agreement where Inter pay his current wages in full which the player has agreed to and allows us to move him on. We have awarded some substandard players astronomical contracts over the years, and it leaves us in a very tight position when we try to sell them. Its also why Fernando went to Galatassary for so cheap, and even after he stated he didnt want to move there. They were the only ones willing to cover his wages. Evans will be on a lot less than Mangala, which helps us with FFP on top of everything else. Its a good move.

The worst thing is the abuse that Sancho got. Why do people think some of our young players want to leave when we sign average premier league players which clog up the progression ladder for our young players.

Sancho didn't get abuse, people said he was acting very poorly because he just went AWOL and refused to answer calls from the club or go to training. There is a correct way to leave a club, and that's not it. Then people praised Foden, applauded his inclusion in the senior squad and pointed out that Sancho could have been in the same position. Calling that "abuse" is pathetic.

Tosin might not be at our level yet but will improve

How do you know that?

is a City Fan.

We're definitely being managed badly if that's high up on the list of criteria.

Evans has never been at our level and never will be

How do you know that?

he's not just a ex RAG but he supports them.

He wife even works for Manure TV.

The worst thing is the abuse that Sancho got. Why do people think some of our young players want to leave when we sign average premier league players which clog up the progression ladder for our young players.

I think most wouldn't fault Sancho for wanting to leave but for the way he behaves. There is a right way to go about it and a wrong way he is doing it the wrong way

Tosin's position hasn't changed at all with this transfer.

He was 5th choice CB behind Mangala, now he's 5th choice behind Evans.

If Guardiola is wrong and you are right, Tosin will climb above Evans in the pecking order very quickly.

Hardly, expect him to be continually loaned out like all our talents.

Sancho did become a worse player in some peoples mind the second it became clear he might be leaving.

Jonny Evans cunning plan to split the fan base and cause discontent at the club is working a treat.
He's a crafty one for sure.

Hardly, expect him to be continually loaned out like all our talents.

Can you point me to a post of yours predating the Evans story where you say we don't need another defender because Tosin can be the 4th choice CB?

Because if not, your hysterical, "what about Tosin" stance is shown to be just more bullshit because you dislike Evans, and if a player who you fancy had come in, you wouldn't be mentioning Tosin at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.