Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute rubbish.

Evidence to prove that? Our squad!
That proves nothing. Under Mancini we had a very strong squad and even though Mancini left it should have been possible to maintain that squad through 2-3 signings per year, instead we had a poor series of transfers which FFP does not entirely explain.

I agree our squad looks very strong again after two strong transfer windows but those coincide with Pep's arrival and I suspect he has identified the targets. TBH most our supporters would have been able to identify full back as a weakness and then written cheques to Spurs etc for their star full backs. The purchase of Sane and Jesus are more impressive because they are a bit more leftfield. We should never have been in a situation when 4 fullbacks reached the end of their careers at the same time with no replacements in the squad. That destroyed Guardiola's first season and we have spent most of this window repairing that situation.

This - every day of the week. The current senior management seems to have forgotten that though.
Tonight's security checks will prove that as they are starting to look like an absolute shambles. With little communication to the fans other that the bollocks statement of: "Get to the ground an hour early!" Imagine trying to get to the centre of manchester on a working day before 7pm.
So you would rather they conduct no checks? Come on, we all want to go there feeling safe dont we

That proves nothing. Under Mancini we had a very strong squad and even though Mancini left it should have been possible to maintain that squad through 2-3 signings per year, instead we had a poor series of transfers which FFP does not entirely explain.

I agree our squad looks very strong again after two strong transfer windows but those coincide with Pep's arrival and I suspect he has identified the targets. TBH most our supporters would have been able to identify full back as a weakness and then written cheques to Spurs etc for their star full backs. The purchase of Sane and Jesus are more impressive because they are a bit more leftfield. We should never have been in a situation when 4 fullbacks reached the end of their careers at the same time with no replacements in the squad. That destroyed Guardiola's first season and we have spent most of this window repairing that situation.
Have to disagree there Marv. We have had the strongest squad now for several seasons and even before pep arrived, to say otherwise is just being silly.

So you would rather they conduct no checks? Come on, we all want to go there feeling safe dont we

Yes we do but the checks last season were a fucking joke. Not thorough enough and often abandoned completely as kick-off time approached due to queues building up too much at the turnstiles. One home game - I think it was Everton - had the laughable situation where they opened the gates at the South Stand end bang on kick-off time, allowing literally hundreds of fans to pile in without even scanning their seasoncards.

In any case, even if they tighten up the security checks this season it could be to no avail anyway because it doesn't stop some nutter simply walking up and blowing themselves up outside as happened at the arena.

Have to disagree there Marv. We have had the strongest squad now for several seasons and even before pep arrived, to say otherwise is just being silly.
Disagree. Squad last season was unbalanced. Fullbacks nowhere near good enouugh. If you think the squad was good enough, then why did we finish about 15 points behind Chelsea? We were also short up front last season until Jesus arrived and then he got injured.

Lost count of the number of times Guardiola complained about inefficiency in both boxes and that was justified complaint in my opinion and down to the players he had.

Absolute rubbish.

Evidence to prove that? Our squad!
Our squad that has won 1 league cup in 3 years?

We've signed the likes of Javi Garcia, Navas, Nolito, Mangala, Bony, Bravo, Fernando who I'd say were all a waste of money.

KDB and Sane have been good.

Jury is still out on Ottamendi, Stones, Ederson, Walker, Sterling, Mendy, Danilo.

His transfers have been poor overall. Especially compared to Gary Cook - who was more down to earth and understood City as a club. Had it not been for a stupid email, Cook would still be working at City and we'd be significantly better off for it.

I know my point was that Evans has a history of injuries (not including his current one).
he's been fine last couple of seasons. I think he had lots of problems at Utd but if last couple of seasons are OK then that should reduce fears on that score.

Question is he good enough is fair. I would say he is for a squad player and he's actually far better than what we have had in previous title winning seasons. If you want more than a squad player then you make life difficult for Stones. We should have done this much earlier in the window. Looks to me like we have got the Mbappe cash burning a hole in our pocket and we thought well we might as well buy some insurance at the back. If you don't want Evans, who do you want to cover Kompany? This has been asked a 100 times so far. Still no sensible answers, and the advantage of Evans is that he is home grown. Significant evn if most fans can't be bothered with the bureaucracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.