Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true and we want him then at least offer them a swap with delph so it won't cost much and gets another wage off the books
(Also possibly a loan deal for tosin only so he will get valuable game time too)

Oh god. I forgot about Tosin. He's off. The day Jonny Evans comes in, is the day all our u21 CB's pack their bags.

Some of the reactions to what is still, essentially, a rumour are fucking ridiculous. Who did people think we'd buy as a fourth choice centre half? It was always likely to be a relatively cheap, pragmatic signing.

Or maybe some of don't see why we need to sign a CB at all ? We've got 5 in the senior squad and that doesn't even include Denayer. Why do we need any more ?

Deal must be nearly done anyway for the bids to have become public, this will be WBA Smoking out other suitors

I tend to agree but our full backs did stay very wide and reasonably advanced at Brighton. I definitely prefer what I call a virtual back three to three actual centre backs but I think we need to be able to use both formations.

We absolutely have to quicken the tempo more often.

They did but there not natural wingers and playing an actual 'back three' results In one less creative player in the side so full agreement with regards the virtual back three.

The pace/tempo comes with having the right options. If there is little movement/passing options in advanced areas players will naturally go side to side. It's more instinctive for a Sane Sterling/Jesus to make that run than a Kyle Walker/Danilo. It feels to me like we're playing with the brakes on.

Pep, or people around him, talk a lot about controlling the game and taking the heat out of a match by dictating possession. I hope this was how he viewed Brighton and the first game in the Premiership rather than a transition to a regular back three.

Gibson or Evans seems to be the choices for 4th CB. If it means us signing Mbappe or Sanchez i'm more than happy.

Pep obviously sees something so thats good enough for me.

Ric how far down the list of world CB's do you think we got? To reach an 18m bid for Johnny Evans? I think, if anything, most have been reserved and taken it in good spirits. But that's only cos it does resemble a joke.

Of available homegrown. Not far. No doubt you would prefer Ben Gibson and think that option is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.