Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's JFE, VVD & Sanchez who now reside in the Bluemoon Rodney Marsh cesspit? :-)
Ha - you caught me in mid edit. I meant to say...
It could be a disaster of Rodney Marsh proportions if Evans came to us. But I doubt he'd play much so maybe not quite that bad - but what a waste if money.

Ha - you caught me in mid edit. I meant to say...
It could be a disaster of Rodney Marsh proportions if Evans came to us. But I doubt he'd play much so maybe not quite that bad - but what a waste if money.
Evans is obviously coming here as experienced back up & cover. I assume he isn't going to be a starter, so I fail to see how we're going to change our formation & tactics Rodney Marsh stylee, to suit JFE...

Why do people keep talking about £30m for Evans? Wasn't the original story that we offered £18m and walked away when they wanted £30m?

Evans is obviously coming here as experienced back up & cover. I assume he isn't going to be a starter, so I fail to see how we're going to change our formation & tactics Rodney Marsh stylee, to suit JFE...
What's the point in him being experienced cover if he's so poor in our formation that he never plays?

Why do people keep talking about £30m for Evans? Wasn't the original story that we offered £18m and walked away when they wanted £30m?
That was our first bid. We made 2 more bids the last bid being £29m as our last attempt to wrestle him away from WBA. They still said no. (Thank goodness.)

What's the point in him being experienced cover if he's so poor in our formation that he never plays?
Squad player then. As it stands, our strongest 11 picks itself with the only variables being Aguero or Jesus, or which 2 out of Kompany, Stone & Otamendi. It's dead rubber CL matches, the match versus Leicester in the cup & to help rotate the squad between now & March where we need experienced, capable bodies.

We coped with Mangala & Tosin against Leicester, but would you really trust that CB pairing in a game of high importance? I wouldn't, however it's at this point that the acquisition of Evens begins to make sense.

Squad player then. As it stands, our strongest 11 picks itself with the only variables being Aguero or Jesus, or which 2 out of Kompany, Stone & Otamendi. It's dead rubber CL matches, the match versus Leicester in the cup & to help rotate the squad between now & March where we need experienced, capable bodies.

We coped with Mangala & Tosin against Leicester, but would you really trust that CB pairing in a game of high importance? I wouldn't, however it's at this point that the acquisition of Evens begins to make sense.
Not for me. £30m for a squad player?

Buy the guy who puts pressure on Stones and Otamendi.

We’ve been here before 2013 and 2015 buying average players for big money who we can’t move on.

If Van Dyke wants Liverpool he wants an easy life but won’t win much anytime soon. Personally I think he’ll want to win things.

You can’t compare a player in a West Brom team to a player in a Man City pep team. Even is good on the reads the game in front of him and can bring the ball out.

I think most people can handle the fact that he played for the shite. I personally don' t think he is bobbins but can understand why folks do. I think it's the figures being mentioned that are clouding the issue. 8-10m maybe, 18-30m no chance.

I think most people can handle the fact that he played for the shite. I personally don' t think he is bobbins but can understand why folks do. I think it's the figures being mentioned that are clouding the issue. 8-10m maybe, 18-30m no chance.

You’re in dream world if you think a regular premier defender and international player would go for 8/10m the player is worth around 25/30m in today’s market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.