Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Peps judgement and if he wants him fine, but for me he is a rag pub player who will not be committed and I wouldnt touch him with a bargepole. Price does not enter into this for me as I said if they only wanted a pound still wouldnt buy him.

Not for me. £30m for a squad player?

Buy the guy who puts pressure on Stones and Otamendi.

We’ve been here before 2013 and 2015 buying average players for big money who we can’t move on.

If Van Dyke wants Liverpool he wants an easy life but won’t win much anytime soon. Personally I think he’ll want to win things.
I think today's squad players are different to previous years. If you have a team who intend to fight on all fronts, then every player in the squad becomes a squad player because you can't possibly select your best players for 60+ matches on the spin, every 3 days as we're currently doing.

Sane was on the bench against Leicester, so therefore he was a squad player. Gundogan & Bernardo have basically been squad players this season, so by the metric you've judged JFE by, both Ilkay & Bernardo are vastly overpriced too & we shouldn't have bought them.

By the very fact that we can only field 11 players at a time, & only register 25 senior squad players means that at any given time, 14 of our players are squad players.

Last edited:
I have a really unpleasant foreboding that JE could be another Isco, we write screeds for window after window, we live eternally in hope, we watch his performances and in the end he spurns us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.