Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another dagger through the heart of the academy lads.

It's one thing to be kept out of the team by top class players but it must make them think about the value of being at City when journeymen like Evans are transfer targets.

If he's not good enough for a mid table team like the rags he isn't good enough for title challengers like ourselves.

The whole thing is bizarre.

What message does this send to our youngsters. It's one thing not to get a chance cos we sign Mendy, or b silva but Jonnie Evans? Christ
The problem is that as much as I want Tosin to succeed and believe he will get there in a few years, right now I think he's nervous and error-prone. And we can't afford error-prone defenders right now, not with all the pressure Pep is under. Playing Adarabioyo as a fourth-choice CB is a huge risk, especially when one of the players ahead of him is Kompany. And Evans is a no-nonsense, experienced defender who I think Stones and Tosin could learn a lot from. I also think Tosin needs a bit more muscle before lining up against the likes of Deeney and Ibra personally and that can't be rushed because it's not healthy at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.