Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I watched Gundogan closely both times when he played at Anfield, in the league game, he was as guilty as Fernandinho of giving the ball away cheaply and seemed to panic when being pressed in central midfield, when he was supporting Fernie in front of the defence.
In the Chumps League he was largely invisible frankly. He seemed to do as much as possible to be in the wrong place for a pass.

This is something I've noticed with Gundogan, he doesn't seem to dominate games, he flits in and out of games far too much for my liking.
I have to completely agree with this. Gundogan is no where near consistent enough for me.

But could your critiscm of Gundogan be down to the fact that he does not play as much. Perhaps he lacks that sharpness you need against a team like Liverpool. I think he is a very good player. Just lacking that sharpness you get from playing week in, week out.

That is a fair point to be honest, he has improved recently, but still not as much as Bernardo, considering both have had roughly the same amount of game time to gel with the team this season.

That is a fair point to be honest, he has improved recently, but still not as much as Bernardo, considering both have had roughly the same amount of game time to gel with the team this season.

I don't think that we can overestimate the effect of serious injuries on Gundogan's game. He looks technically accomplished and full of guile when playing against teams which sit off, but I worry about his desire to get stuck in against teams who press and are physical. I think we need someone who breaks up play and is physically commanding, as well as plays the pivot role, although I am not sure that Pep agrees and players who have both skills e.g Busquets are few and far between. I don't know enough about Jorginho to comment on his ability to break up play but he seems to make Napoli tick in his pivot role.

My first post, have been lurking for some time, so about time, I contributed.

Last edited:
I don't think that we can overestimate the effect of serious injuries on Gundogan's game. He looks technically accomplished and full of guile when playing against teams which sit off, but I worry about his desire to get stuck in against teams who press and are physical. I think we need someone who breaks up play and is physically commanding, as well as plays the pivot role, although I am not sure that Pep agrees and players who have both skills e.g Busquets are few and far between. I don't know enough about Jorginho to comment on his ability to break up play but he seems to make Napoli tick in his pivot role.

Only took you nearly 6 years.
Surely you must have been tempted to join in an argument ? ;)

*sniff*

Watched jorginho v Juventus his range of passing was terrific a pleasure to watch Would love this guy to be our first incoming next season Would be upset if he ended up at the rags it would be like seeing David Silva in red

Only took you nearly 6 years.
Surely you must have been tempted to join in an argument ? ;)

Often, but if it's anything like other forums which I frequent I know its a rabbit hole, once you enter there's no going back and it takes another big chunk of your life, but there we go, I've done it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.