Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling at the Etihad is that Jorginho being used as a pawn in the deal to take Sarri to Chelsea - and that he ‘prefers to live in London’ is nonsense. He’s being shoved in that direction by Napoli. #mcfc

13:11 - 11 Jul 2018

Martin Blackburn
Well if the player doesn’t want to go to Chelsea then he can’t be forced justneeds to tell Napoli and Chelsea to do one,very strange..

Blackburn’s article in The Sun says City are waiting for confirmation from the player himself that he wants to move to Chelsea before turning our attentions elsewhere:

Last edited:
Blackburn’s article in The Sun says City are waiting for confirmation from the player himself that he wants to move to Chelsea before turning our attentions elsewhere:

All still weird this to be honest

Last edited by a moderator:
very weird. I think City's reading of this via Blackburn and other City journos rings true, but does that mean that we can still complete a deal?

The player would have to hold out for City and Chelsea have bid more than city and offered better terms so is he in a position to force through a deal to City? He'd have to be very obstinate. On the other hand, Chelsea are not the attractive proposition they once were.

What was the London trip all about?

We should never sign another player whose name begins with ‘J’ and ends in ‘O’ anyway.

Blackburn’s article in The Sun says City are waiting for confirmation from the player himself that he wants to move to Chelsea before turning out attentions elsewhere:

Ric, this just seems very weird to me.....If the guy is going to Chelsea, surely he not going to be arsed to return our calls? If we were still in the running, wouldnt his agent/player have already confirmed as such....I would hope we started looking for other options long before we had to wait for a call back...

What I don't understand is why would Napoli push Jorginho to Chelsea when they don't seem to be offering any more money?

For all the potential "footballing reasons", electing out of Champions League football is a serious step-back and shows a distinct lack of ambition on Jorginho's part.
That's a matter of perspective. Some will argue that being the catalyst of making the Champs league and attempting to dethrone the reigning Champions is where the true competitive spirit lies.

It not a lack of ambition at all, on the contrary its a show of confidence in your own ability. You don't need CL handed to you. You can go earn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.