Jorginho

Great finish against Fulham. His form has picked up since the LC final.

Not just his form though is it.the team as a whole have taken to Sarri's methods,instead of half the team sulking.

Jorginho effectiveness depends on his team mates dovetailing his deep central midfield orchestrating role and being prepared to drop into little pockets of space to recieve the ball short off him,give it him back and then find space again ,allowing the ball to be moved quickly and accurately up the pitch

Another poster has said he is not mobile enough to play the role he does...Well Pep obviously thought he was ! And pure pace in that posistion is not as important,imo,as sublime first touch/ball control and precision passing.top notch pass and move game....Yes its taken him a while to get used to the prem and his team mates to him..but there was a reason why Napoli were at one stage the top team in europe ,form wise,last season,and why City had to play at our very best to beat them last season..Anybody coming from the. italian league is going to take time to adjust, esp when attempting to keep the ball on the ground and play a game based on skill not running around at 100 mph like liverpool/utd/everton/leicester/ etc etc

Quickest red card ever surely, not just in a cup final? Can't think of anyone who's been sent off after 2 seconds. Or has someone been sent off even before kick off? In the tunnel? In the warm up? Can that even happen? Maybe if you chin the ref, I don't know?

Would have been the fastest in professional football if Moss had any bollocks, or maybe he has but hes just not seen them for so long under his belly.

Anyhow the fastest is quite comical :-)

https://www.thesportster.com/soccer/top-15-quickest-red-cards-of-all-time/

I treated it initially as a complete non-issue, as I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere, and I mean literally anywhere, until I logged onto this site.

I still haven't seen any conclusive angles, and tbh I haven't really looked, but it has been extensively discussed on this site by people whose opinions I like and respect, so I guess I'm happy to take their word for it.

That's fair enough, I can't think of many who would want to look at replays of a final they eventually lost to see if they should have had a man sent off in the first 5 secs tbh. The lack of replay's discussion even during the game for such an incident was odd though, if it had been Sterling running\striking Jorghino for instance it would have been on a loop,

Not just his form though is it.the team as a whole have taken to Sarri's methods,instead of half the team sulking.

Jorginho effectiveness depends on his team mates dovetailing his deep central midfield orchestrating role and being prepared to drop into little pockets of space to recieve the ball short off him,give it him back and then find space again ,allowing the ball to be moved quickly and accurately up the pitch

Another poster has said he is not mobile enough to play the role he does...Well Pep obviously thought he was ! And pure pace in that posistion is not as important,imo,as sublime first touch/ball control and precision passing.top notch pass and move game....Yes its taken him a while to get used to the prem and his team mates to him..but there was a reason why Napoli were at one stage the top team in europe ,form wise,last season,and why City had to play at our very best to beat them last season..Anybody coming from the. italian league is going to take time to adjust, esp when attempting to keep the ball on the ground and play a game based on skill not running around at 100 mph like liverpool/utd/everton/leicester/ etc etc

I still think about half the team is below par, which means he will continue to be inconsistent from game to game. A big plus is that his understanding with Higuain is great, almost instinctive, which has resulted in a lot more through balls and balls over the top (he had fallen into the habit of just recycling possession, just for the sake of it, on the halfway line).

I agree with the bold part in i'ts entirety tbh.

Last edited:
That's fair enough, I can't think of many who would want to look at replays of a final they eventually lost to see if they should have had a man sent off in the first 5 secs tbh. The lack of replay's discussion even during the game for such an incident was odd though, if it had been Sterling running\striking Jorghino for instance it would have been on a loop,

Yeah, some players are used as target practice by the media. Sterling is one of them, sadly, and for no reason, might I add. Sterling has always struck me as quiet, completely inoffensive character who just gets on with his life. I have no idea why he has been such a consistent target.

Yeah, some players are used as target practice by the media. Sterling is one of them, sadly, and for no reason, might I add. Sterling has always struck me as quiet, completely inoffensive character who just gets on with his life. I have no idea why he has been such a consistent target.

He had the temerity to leave Liverpool. That's why he's been targeted.

I still think about half the team is below par, which means he will continue to be inconsistent from game to game. A big plus is that his understanding with Higuain is great, almost instinctive, which has resulted in a lot more through balls and balls over the top (he had fallen into the habit of just recycling possession, just for the sake of it, on the halfway line).

I agree with the bold part in i'ts entirety tbh.
Cheers.watching everton v us and everton v redscouse, and utd v redscouse..i just saw attritional scrap-ball....win the ball,look up and give it back to the opponent .very little composure,all at 100 mph(steroids??) Very little flair and technique.
Seriously, When City go away from home,they must be educating true lovers of the beautiful game....most of the rabble just run at 100 mph .its shocking.that style of football is so dated,but used by so many 'top' sides.
Fair play to Sarri, for having the bollocks to stick to his style of play,one that is dependent upon a skilled deep lying central midfielder ..not just a runner/tackler(kante). Creativity,not negatively.....with class style and panache.Well done Chelsea,Well done City.....redhistory clubs....take note.you are boring the fuck out the nation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.