José Gayà

Is the expectation not to have replaced both Kolarov and Clichy in the next 2/3 years?

If we are then that gives us time to purchase someone like Gaya and assess whether Angelino can make the step up after some appearances for us (preseason /LC/sub) and a good loan placement.

From the little I know about both players I'm a bit concerned that they have similar strengths and weaknesses so if we went for a Gaya rather than a more solid, defensive minded LB that maybe would give a clue about our commitment to the style of play we will be using?

mansour's tow ropes said:
richards30 said:
Signing this player would effectively end Angelino's career here. We struggle integrating 1 youngster into the team, no chance of having 2 teenagers in the squad, let alone in the same position.

Sorry fella but at the price he is available for we have to go for him.

I take it you know more about the player than me, he's just a name to me, but you see my point? If we are to successfully integrate academy products into the first team we have to invest a bit of faith in them, and this signing would represent the opposite of that.

I most certainly get your point blue and at present angelino is looking top notch and has huge potential. Gaya is quite a distance ahead of our young jedi at the moment and is obviously playing first team football and looking good in his role as well. We made a mistake not going for jordi alba and i hope we dont make the same mistake again. Imagine tieing up a position for 10 years plus?

Deepest Blue said:
Is the expectation not to have replaced both Kolarov and Clichy in the next 2/3 years?

If we are then that gives us time to purchase someone like Gaya and assess whether Angelino can make the step up after some appearances for us (preseason /LC/sub) and a good loan placement.

From the little I know about both players I'm a bit concerned that they have similar strengths and weaknesses so if we went for a Gaya rather than a more solid, defensive minded LB that maybe would give a clue about our commitment to the style of play we will be using?

One of the things I`ve always noticed about Angelino,he seems to be able to put himself about in a tackle.I know we need more than that but the lad also has pace.I would love to see him given a chance at first team level,possibly in an early round of the League Cup next season.

oakiecokie said:
Deepest Blue said:

One of the things I`ve always noticed about Angelino,he seems to be able to put himself about in a tackle.I know we need more than that but the lad also has pace.I would love to see him given a chance at first team level,possibly in an early round of the League Cup next season.
That's good to know that he's more than just a twinkletoes :)
Suppose we could always use Mangala as physical backup plan from time to time if we're up against someone like Robben?

Deepest Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
Deepest Blue said:

That's good to know that he's more than just a twinkletoes :)
Suppose we could always use Mangala as physical backup plan from time to time if we're up against someone like Robben?

Call me old fashioned.His hat trick over the weekend means nowt if a defender can`t defend,but goes bombing forward all the time,leaving us exposed.The lad also does seem to be able to beat a man with his dribbling ability and I would love to see him replace Kolarov but keep Clichy as our number one.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
MCFC4EVR said:
doubt we have a chance of getting him.

Why's that?
Just see this playing out like the Isco transfer but Valencia are on the up unlike Malaga if Real Madrid are after him I see them pulling out all the stops re agent fees and payments to relatives.

We should put in a bid for him if his buyout is 13m pounds. Very promising at his age and who knows maybe he wants to play in England.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
We should put in a bid for him if his buyout is 13m pounds. Very promising at his age and who knows maybe he wants to play in England.
Agreed. No-brainer really.

richards30 said:
Signing this player would effectively end Angelino's career here. We struggle integrating 1 youngster into the team, no chance of having 2 teenagers in the squad, let alone in the same position.

Sorry fella but at the price he is available for we have to go for him.

I take it you know more about the player than me, he's just a name to me, but you see my point? If we are to successfully integrate academy products into the first team we have to invest a bit of faith in them, and this signing would represent the opposite of that.

FB is the one position I think it is wise to rotate. Gaya and Clichy for two years and Gaya and Angelino for 8 years would work for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.