Jose Gaya

FantasyIreland

Manchester City are watching Valencia left-back Jose Luis Gaya – the 19-year-old dubbed “the new Jordi Alba” in his homeland, writes Tom Hopkinson in the Sunday People.

Real Madrid and Juventus are also keen on the former Barcelona junior, who has three-and-a-half years left on his contract at the Mestalla.

Premier League champions City already have Aleksandar Kolarov and Gael Clichy to fill the left-back spot but Gaya, in top form in La Liga this term, is tipped to become a major star.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-keeping-transfer-tabs-4720574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... bs-4720574</a>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we are definitely after a new left back.

Excellent young player but things have surely gone too far down the line with Kurzawa?

richards30 said:
Excellent young player but things have surely gone too far down the line with Kurzawa?

Keeping our options open mate,as well as not being held to ransom.......id wager.

Looks a fantastic prospect from what I've seen of him this year. Absolutely rapid, great going forwards and pretty solid defensively. Only problems would be that Valencia don't need to sell and he is also a bit of a midget, but I don't doubt he'll be knocking Alba out of the Spain team within a year or two

It's worth keeping tabs on but I am slightly wary that this is first full season in Valencia's first team.

Ray78 said:
It's worth keeping tabs on but I am slightly wary that this is first full season in Valencia's first team.

Was behind both Moreno and Bernat last season, neither have impressed since, I'd be very wary.

aguero93:20 said:
Ray78 said:

Was behind both Moreno and Bernat last season, neither have impressed since, I'd be very wary.
Moreno was at Sevilla, not Valencia. As for Bernat, Gaya was only 18 last year so was never going to play. They rated him higher than Bernat though, so that's why they were willing to sell Bernat to Bayern apparently. They pretty much used last year to raise Bernat's value while getting Gaya ready to be their long term LB. (which doesn't bode well for him being available at a decent price)

BigOscar said:
aguero93:20 said:
Ray78 said:

Moreno was at Sevilla, not Valencia. As for Bernat, Gaya was only 18 last year so was never going to play. They rated him higher than Bernat though, so that's why they were willing to sell Bernat to Bayern apparently. They pretty much used last year to raise Bernat's value while getting Gaya ready to be their long term LB. (which doesn't bode well for him being available at a decent price)

My bad. Still don't think Left Back is that easy a problem to solve and not with this lad, he's lightweight and gets caught out of position too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.