Jose Gimenez

I don't know if anyone else has this feeling (probably not), but I'd rather Guardiola turn Mangala into Boateng II. He has every physical attribute for the Prem, just lacks that mental training for football. Plus Gimenez has a £50m release clause. I see something in the lad.

I don't know if anyone else has this feeling (probably not), but I'd rather Guardiola turn Mangala into Boateng II. He has every physical attribute for the Prem, just lacks that mental training for football. Plus Gimenez has a £50m release clause. I see something in the lad.
+1 Mangala is very underrated. I'm sure that with a pep system he Will get the help he needs!

RTX28U1P-1170x658.jpg

"The Lord does whatever pleases him" Psalm 135:6

would be good signing but doubt Atletico sell (negotiate) and his release clause seems bit too high. (£50m)

Last edited:
Would this "£50m" release clause be subject to the same tax additions of between 25-50% that were reported with the Laporte deal?

Yes, but Atletico are more likely to be flexible and just accept a £50m offer from us, rather than go through the farcical process of the player buying himself out. Bilbao are fairly unique in refusing to cooperate at all.

+1 Mangala is very underrated. I'm sure that with a pep system he Will get the help he needs!

Pep might be good.... but he's not a miracle worker....... how Mangala gets away with the shit some other players get from city 'fans' is a miracle in itself.
Not that I believe any city player should get abuse... as a bit of support may actually improve their performance....... but Mangala probably needs the most improvement.
Gimenez should have been bought before Mangala and Otamendi......would have saved us a fortune.

I keep seeing people suggest this, for various people, but it's not Pep's job to fix overpaid and underperforming players.

Turning Mangala into something other than a defensive liability is a distraction that can easily be avoided by replacing him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.