Jose Gimenez

Another centre-back who seemingly prefers playing the inside left channel.

Atletico are also famed for their low block, which could also explain why we never saw Rodri really being exposed for pace.
Agree. Cholo's 4-4-2 system facilitates the lack of pace in that side. It's why Rodri and Saul looked quite good together because someone was always there to make up positionally.

Another centre-back who seemingly prefers playing the inside left channel.

Atletico are also famed for their low block, which could also explain why we never saw Rodri really being exposed for pace.
Think a lot of teams play right footers on the left , simply because there are more of them, I would guess they put the more accomplished one on the wrong side , so not a bad thing.From the few bits I've seen he looks pretty quick so don't think playing higher would be a step he can't handle.

I would prefer him over Koulibaly. Like it or not we could use a proper **** in the backline and he’s a huge fucking ****. A talented one at that. The only problem is his price and I don’t think Atletico would want to negotiate with us since they begrudgingly let go of Rodri because we paid the release clause.

I would prefer him over Koulibaly. Like it or not we could use a proper **** in the backline and he’s a huge fucking ****. A talented one at that. The only problem is his price and I don’t think Atletico would want to negotiate with us since they begrudgingly let go of Rodri because we paid the release clause.
And he is injury prone

We need to get someone. Usually I'd be all for the "wait for the right signing" ethos, but last year our defence was the main thing keeping us from a title challenge and we haven't strengthened nearly enough. If Gimenez is our best option then so be it, even if he's not perfect.
I agree we do need someone but I think Pep on more than one occasion has shown if we can't get the right person he won't just pick anyone.

Maybe this lad is on the list with Koulibaly but I am not too sure.

I'd still go for Koulibaly but I'd settle for this guy, as he likes defending.

Still think that's down to injuries and mental state because of his personal life mate. Did he not look great on two separate occasions playing alongside Otamendi and then Laporte in first parts of both title winning seasons? He's never going to be a Van Dijk but I think he has the potential to be good in his own way as a ball playing centre half. Just a shame his injuries and lack of focus due to problems in personal life have become a big hurdle.

Won't want the same injury issues to be an occurrence with the new signing for even more money.
Bumped into him last week, seemed a bit down , the impression I got was the manager has lost faith completely

107. Million pound release clause do you think we would pay it? Release clauses are what what we usually do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.