jose mourinho anyone?

blueinsa said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Ahh yes, the daily Mourinho thread.

I've already given my opinions on the man, and I don't see him as extra special. He took over a Chelsea team that had finished 2nd the previous year, and had reached the Champions League semi's, plus he had all that money to throw around. Its no surprise he won things there. At Inter he's picked up a team that had won the League 3 times in a row previously, again not a huge surprise he won Serie A. His test is to win the Champions League, and his record in Europe is no better than Mancini's so far. That could all change of course, but they were hardly a difficult opponent for United last season. United could have sewn it up in the first leg at the San Siro. I also believe he bottled it at Chelsea, when he no longer had the money he enjoyed in the previous years, and results on the pitch were not going right. He left them 5th in the table, and with a poor 1-1 draw at home to Rosenborg in the Champions League, what turned out to be his last game. He's acheived lots of things, but I feel he gets more plaudits than he deserves, because of his good looks, and the odd funny quote. I rate Wenger and Hiddink higher than Mourinho. What Wenger has achieved with Arsenal on a shoe string budget, is something I feel Mourinho or any other manager, even Ferguson could never do.

As for wanting him at City, its a no for me. I just think his ego will take over, become bigger than the club, fall out with alot of players, and just get in to petty squabbles with other managers. I don't think that will suit the owners.

He has won it mate, with Porto.

He was hired by Inter to win the Champions League, and so far they're not doing any better than Mancini.

Unknown_Genius said:
blueinsa said:

He was hired by Inter to win the Champions League, and so far they're not doing any better than Mancini.

Sorry fella, i see your point.

I can't believe people are moaning about a bloke that has won three leagues in different countries, won the Cl and FA Cup plus countless other trophies. He has also gone unbeaten at home for 150 league matches (38 with Porto, 60 with Chelsea and 52 with Inter). His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.

There is one and one reason alone he wouldn't come to City, we are nowhere near good enough as a club. If Cook could pursuade him into the "project" fair enough, and kudos to Cook.

Unknown_Genius said:
blueinsa said:

But unlike Milan, Jose's prospective new club would give him the biggest, fattest, most powerful transfer kitty in history. That should make a difference,.

Pam said:
Unknown_Genius said:

But unlike Milan, Jose's prospective new club would give him the biggest, fattest, most powerful transfer kitty in history. That should make a difference,.

Am afraid it won't. I agree with the guys here who said that mourinho is nothing special. Every single player that he asked for was given to him by Inter's president Moratti. He asked for Quaresma, muntari, Etoo, Lucio, sneijder all those players were provided to him but still he did not impress.

With Mancini (ex Inter manager) The results "and the performance" specially in Europe were much better. We used to top our groups with Ease in the Champions league. We were just unlucky in 2nd round in games like Liverpool (2006-07) when we played pretty good before one of our players got a red card (both home and away) and we played almost 150 minutes with just 10 men.

Tactically he's average at best (mourinho that is). Whenever the team is losing he just subs a defender for an attacker or a DM for an Offensive midfielder (thats all what he does). I think that Mourinho has 2 things that helped him in he's previous work with other clubs (luck and he's good at motivating he's players) thats all what he had.

If its up to me i would take Mancini back over Mourinho in a heartbeat...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.