Joshua Kimmich

His passing is KDB levels nearly.

However what he doesnt have is running power of a KDB. He plays a lot of his passes where you'd expect Rodri to be playing them from (though I know in this video he is playing at right back a well but Im ignoring those passes as there is no way he can play right back in the prem - he would get roasted).

One thing that is noteable in this video at least is that he is given a lot of time in midfield - there is very little pressure on him at all as he is playing them from very deep.....

You could argue that we have the players that can already do this....KDB, Rodri are both excellent/worldclass at it....

Id also wonder what he would be lke against the higher pressing teams/more physical/better teams like Arsenal, liverpool etc where he would be under pressure and pressed

Great player but Im not too sure he is what we need...we need physicality in midfield as well as that passing range and technical skill...KDB's legs are not going to last the season and we need to replace that energy (along with that class - Kimmich doesnt provide all of this only part of it).

The deeper our midfielders play, the more time they tend to have given how many teams sit off us and create a low block. Somebody with an immense passing range - and defensive nous - from deep would be fantastic for us (in addition to the King, Rodri).

Not only that, Pep has worked with Kimmich in the past so not an unknown at all to need a bedding-in period. Or not as much of one. He knows what he'd be getting.

Plus, Pep improves players (in the majority of cases) so you can look at Kimmich as he is now and then think of an improved version when picturing him in the side.

I do want kimmich but not at de bruyne level wages which he may well want. If he's a back up cm and RB you can't justify those wages.
If we sign Kimmich, he will start whenever fit/not tired etc. He is not signing to sit on the bench. I am expecting to see him as an inverted RB a lot since he could do that against 90% of teams we are up against, and we need a better contribution from RB than aging Kyle. In bigger games, next to Rodri in midfield.

If we sign Kimmich, he will start whenever fit/not tired etc. He is not signing to sit on the bench. I am expecting to see him as an inverted RB a lot since he could do that against 90% of teams we are up against, and we need a better contribution from RB than aging Kyle. In bigger games, next to Rodri in midfield.
£350k a week for an inverted RB is too much though. I think the wages could be better used on a younger CM.

£350k a week for an inverted RB is too much though. I think the wages could be better used on a younger CM.
When did people become interested in this sort of shit. He is an elite player, several years of experience under Pep, would raise the quality of our squad instantly and could well be the difference in May next year.

Who cares what he gets paid.

I am not convinced about Kimmich to be honest. He looks slow when I have seen him and I don't like the fact that Bayern seems to be not satisfied by his performances last season either. But If the interest is real I trust the club to know better.

When did people become interested in this sort of shit. He is an elite player, several years of experience under Pep, would raise the quality of our squad instantly and could well be the difference in May next year.

Who cares what he gets paid.
Elite player who hasn't been trusted to play cm by his last 2 managers.

Bruno G isn't convincing either and would cost us almost double......Gundo wasn't the quickest but didn't do too badly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.