Joshua Wilson-Esbrand

Yeah it seems he will be part of the squad this season, came a little out of no where, but last pre season I think Pep liked him then as well but the injury really delayed his progress.

Luckily he is so young and has outstanding physical attributes to play as a wide attacking left back.

I obviously want Cucurella still, but if it doesn't happen, I'd even promote Rico Lewis and have our 4 fullbacks be:

Cancelo, Walker, JWE and Lewis. Yes 2 academy kids there, but weirdly I think the way we want them to be attackers first now with the double pivot means we can make this risk, the potential reward is immense.

@Tyg3r

Nowt personal but this is the Josh Wilson-Esbrand thread so I just highlighted the Josh Wilson-Esbrand comment, sometimes certain segments are highlighted but focusing on your Wilson-Esbrand views.

Bayern gave him no issues at all he gave them trouble though... and I'm at a loss with your views of his performance against club America, he attacked well and it's not as if our defence as a whole was great in the first half, he had to deal with one of the fastest players in the world (Jurgen Damm) at one point. I don't think your comment was fair on Josh in the slightest.

If it makes you feel better then I agree on your Rico assessment he seems to always impresses me, but you were overly harsh on Josh in my opinion as for me he's been one of the stand out's over the 2 games plenty of positives and potential.

Last edited:
I thought he was MUCH better defensively. Txiki will be grateful for his performance for giving us a more relaxed stance towards Bloom's (not existing!) asking price.
Pep's comments said everything about Josh's night.

I thought his decision making with some of his passing wasn’t great. Also dawdling in possession a couple of times.
He was full of energy though and eager to help going forward.
I’m not as sold as everyone else so I’ll sit on the fence for now.
He was a 6/10 for me V Bayern.
Could have been a lot worse though and there’s no doubt he’ll have a decent career in the game, if that’s with us or not who knows.
I wish the lad all the luck in the world.

Still has to improve defensively, but I think us going with more attacking fullbacks means it's easier to ease somebody like him in.

Obviously the defensive aspect is still important, but we are clearly using them more for width this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.