So then, with the ball:
==============Ederson============
=========Dias=========Ake==========
======Stones==Rodri==Gvardiol========
==KDB=======Bernardo=======Grealish==
==============Foden=================
=======Haaland======================

That's a tough team to beat.
When there is a transition, Foden drops left of Bernardo, Stones to RB, Gvardiol to LCB, turning it into a 4-5-1 without the ball.

It isn’t very different to how we played much of the vack end of last season in possession just Gvardiol for Akanji.

2-3 is more open than 3-2 build up - we started last season with Walker & Cancelo inverting and we were wide open, even with pace. A lot would be asked of Stones to drop to RB there - it works better with Stones when he drops to RCB (as in Gvardiol in the line up).

Could be made to work though and in possession it could be great fun. It'll be interesting to see what the top performing dribblers in the bundesliga and the CL do in midfield!

So then, with the ball:
==============Ederson============
=========Dias=========Ake==========
======Stones==Rodri==Gvardiol========
==KDB=======Bernardo=======Grealish==
==============Foden=================
=======Haaland======================

That's a tough team to beat.
Stones is the key here. Akanji cannot do that role as well, wonder if that is why we looked at Pavard.

Olise would be the favourite i would imagine now the release clause is true?
I personally doubt anyone thats currently out 3 months with an injury is on top of any of our lists at the moment. Its a big risk at a significant fee (even if some here seem to think 35m is pocket change) and it rarely happens at all in football that clubs buy players that are out 8-12 weeks. I obviously have no clue and am just guessing but it would be surprising to me :)

This is why I have a feeling Phillips needs to work his arse off because that role where Stones is, or a slightly different system with 2 pivots, he could be useful. I believe that is why Pep doesn’t mind keeping him around. His only problem is time he takes on the ball to assess options. Defensively and otherwise he can still do a decent enough job mopping up and getting us building again. If Rodri’s there to hold his hand, more than manageable. If not him then one of Kovacic or Stones himself. Also shows how much gametime there is potentially for Rico Lewis. Very excited for next season

This is why I have a feeling Phillips needs to work his arse off because that role where Stones is, or a slightly different system with 2 pivots, he could be useful. I believe that is why Pep doesn’t mind keeping him around. His only problem is time he takes on the ball to assess options. Defensively and otherwise he can still do a decent enough job mopping up and getting us building again. If Rodri’s there to hold his hand, more than manageable. If not him then one of Kovacic or Stones himself. Also shows how much gametime there is potentially for Rico Lewis. Very excited for next season
Pep would rather not keep Phillips around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.