Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do we think the announcement will come, after the CL final?

also: Gvardiol has a release clause of £97m but RB Leipzig are willing to sell for around £87m

Last edited:

also: Gvardiol has a release clause of £97m but RB Leipzig are willing to sell for around £87m

Sorry- why do we need a center back that costs that much?

If there's one position in world football that there is a surplus of, it's arguably center-back. Even if/when Laporte leaves, we've got Stones/Dias/Akanji/Ake.

Sorry- why do we need a center back that costs that much?

If there's one position in world football that there is a surplus of, it's arguably center-back. Even if/when Laporte leaves, we've got Stones/Dias/Akanji/Ake.
Need 5 CBs with our current system

In our back 4, if Laporte leaves, Gomez can't play for us, and Lewis is going to be a midfielder, then we have:

Ake, Dias, Stones, Akanji, and Walker.

That's 5 players for 4 spots, we DEFINITELY need another Defender.

I would argue that Walker, Akanji and Stones can play the RB role.

Dias and Stones can play CB, with almost anybody able to rotate with Dias. Stones role is much harder to replicate, which is why I would have liked having Rice. My definite first choice for squad depth.

And Ake, and lately Akanji can play LB.

LB is the position we need to buy.

The only other top LB's (obviously defensive ones) I can think of are Gvardiol and Bastoni.

Levi Colwill
is a massive prospect, and given 5 in 4 spots, having a huge prospect like Levi is probably worth gambling on. Highly doubt Chelsea would be dumb enough to sell him to us, but he'd be my first choice, and I'd test them with like a 50m offer.

But beyond that, there's nobody else, the Gvardiol links make alot of sense for future planning, those CBs are getting up there in age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.