Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry- why do we need a center back that costs that much?

If there's one position in world football that there is a surplus of, it's arguably center-back. Even if/when Laporte leaves, we've got Stones/Dias/Akanji/Ake.
Just managing the future if nothing else, but also he’s another Dias type leader in the squad. Personally I thought there was a big difference between Dias being out injured and returning.

Stones - 29 yo
Ake - 28 yo
Akanji - 27 yo
Dias - 26 yo
Gvardiol - 21 yo

If there's one position in world football that there is a surplus of, it's arguably center-back. Even if/when Laporte leaves, we've got Stones/Dias/Akanji/Ake.
we have 6 senior defenders for 4 positions, 5 if one leaves. 2 of those play more at LB, and ome recently more in midfield. I imagine if one leaves, we will get another in.

we have 6 senior defenders for 4 positions, 5 if one leaves. 2 of those play more at LB, and ome recently more in midfield. I imagine if one leaves, we will get another in.
And it’s not like Stones and Ake don’t regularly have long periods out with injury. A top class CB was an absolute must this summer and hopefully we have it.

Just managing the future if nothing else, but also he’s another Dias type leader in the squad. Personally I thought there was a big difference between Dias being out injured and returning.

Stones - 29 yo
Ake - 28 yo
Akanji - 27 yo
Dias - 26 yo
Gvardiol - 21 yo

Dias' absence was enormous,what he brings in terms of leadership,aggression and quality cannot be replaced - he is very much our rock at the back.

If this fella brings similar qualities,we will be getting a bargain.

Sorry- why do we need a center back that costs that much?

He's 7/8 years younger than those players you've listed. Plus Stones and Ake struggle to stay fit and available most of the time.

He's also fucking quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.